Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't tear up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by ojgp
Don't know where the "suit" BS is coming from but...no...what you described is not what I meant by "pirates" costume. And I am positive that with your riding experience that you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Look around at many in our sport today...pissing people off and causing more laws and restrictions for me. I really knew better than to post what I did because it would be taken by some as offensive. I wish I could put "more miles on two wheels than four", God knows I try! I just get disgusted with some of what I see in riders today...dressing like such bad-asses and such...believing their garb causes fear in others...good lord...go ride....that's what I say. Sorry if I offended anyone...pirates and landlubbers alike.
You didn't offend me at all. My "BS" about suits is from my own expierance. I've never been hurt by people dressed like "bikers" but I have been hurt many times by people who wear suits and smile at you when the rob you. just sayin, I feel comfortable around leather wearing bikers, I can kinda know where I stand. The same cannot be said of the more Civilized portion of society. Ride safe, with those you feel more comfortable around and I'll do the same. Good luck.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm a Biker and proud of it. Fear makes you hesitate, and I think your fear is just your perception of a few people you've met that may have scared you. I teach high school seniors, but on my time, I am a biker. They don't fear me, why should you?

Old 05-12-2009, 11:19 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

It boils down to who you are at your core. Just because you sport a tough look, it does not mean that you have no soul. I love it when people give me a fearful look due to my sleeves, dress, and bike. Then I hold the door open for them or wave them in in front of me in traffic. Proving a stereo type to be just that, a stereo type always changes peoples perceptions.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:30 AM
badblue
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the problem with people judging other people. I have long hair because I like it and I am a rocker and because I like being comfortable and am a rocker I wear t-shirts. So, because some uninformed person thinks I am dressing like a badass I get a label. I can be a badass if necessary, but everyone who gets to know me knows different. I am an engineer and deal with two faced backstabber's who wear suits to impress people. I know this from getting to know them and then watch my back. So, wear what you want to wear, look the way you want to look, but be true to yourself and don't judge others till you get to know them. There are asshats dressed in all forms of clothing. I am a BIKER and proud of it.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:35 AM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by gunner11
I'm a Biker and proud of it. Fear makes you hesitate, and I think your fear is just your perception of a few people you've met that may have scared you. I teach high school seniors, but on my time, I am a biker. They don't fear me, why should you?
A school teacher "biker"?...Lord I need to get out of this thread...I wrote that I was talking about the "one-percenters" when I was talking about my definition of a biker, not real world working stiffs who ride motorcycles. There's a reason for the "one-percenter" name. And the fear I was referring to is fear of the all too typical attack by a pack of lawless thugs on one who invades their "territory" or wears "colors" or somehow (in their minds) shows disrespect...not fear of a school teacher or a dentist or even the likes of me (an electrician) dressed in leather and riding a motorcycle.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM
badblue
Cruiser

A school teacher "biker"?...Lord I need to get out of this thread...I wrote that I was talking about the "one-percenters" when I was talking about my definition of a biker, not real world working stiffs who ride motorcycles. There's a reason for the "one-percenter" name. And the fear I was referring to is fear of the all too typical attack by a pack of lawless thugs on one who invades their "territory" or wears "colors" or somehow (in their minds) shows disrespect...not fear of a school teacher or a dentist or even the likes of me (an electrician) dressed in leather and riding a motorcycle.
How many "one-percenters" do you know? I know a few, but decided that that was not for me. These people are my friends and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, but if you cross them then they can be some of the worst. Most people make there judgment based on news media and not first hand knowledge. Did you know that the Hells Angels raised more money for children's charities last year then any other organization, that's not in the news. Don't judge. Go out and experience life without fear and you will know the true meaning of being alive.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by badblue
How many "one-percenters" do you know? I know a few, but decided that that was not for me. These people are my friends and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet, but if you cross them then they can be some of the worst. Most people make there judgment based on news media and not first hand knowledge. Did you know that the Hells Angels raised more money for children's charities last year then any other organization, that's not in the news. Don't judge. Go out and experience life without fear and you will know the true meaning of being alive.
You are so right with "Don't judge. Go out and experience life without fear and you will know the true meaning of being alive." Yeah I get it..."Go Hell's Angels!" Unbelieveable. Yeah I've got experience...and I'll stick with the 99%.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
badblue
Cruiser

You are so right with "Don't judge. Go out and experience life without fear and you will know the true meaning of being alive." Yeah I get it..."Go Hell's Angels!" Unbelieveable. Yeah I've got experience...and I'll stick with the 99%.
That is the sad part you don't get it.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:24 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I'm still scared of my high school teacher.....leathers or not. I always hear people say I ride bikes but don't live the "biker lifestyle". However you define the biker lifestyle of today it's certainly a far cry from what it used to be. There is still a brotherhood we riders share and more so if you're involved in a group or Motorcycle Club. To me it doesn't matter if you wear leathers, jeans and t-shirt or cover yourself head to toe with a NASA approved space suit. Call yourself what you want and don't worry about being labeled by people who's opinions don't matter anyhow.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:30 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as 1%'ers go I understand your feelings, although as others have said they do seem to raise a ton of cash for charities, that being said, I'm a Police Officer and I sport the biker look when I'm not wearing the monkey suit. I agree that people in suits bother the hell out of me way more than hardcore bikers. I also agree that if you dont mess with the 1%'ers then they dont mess with you. I have talked to Hell's Angels and Outlaws at different events over the past 2 years and they all seem like great people. OF course our news media doesnt help the situation any, and it is no different then talking about street gangs. Maybe I view things differently then most due to my career choice, but I will tell you that if your on a bike, you are livin the high life! Nothing better than being on two wheels!

Ride safe!
RJ

Quick Reply: I don't tear up