Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 swingarm bushing...what is HD thinking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 05:17 PM
cruise_carter
|
Road Captain
Default 02 swingarm bushing...what is HD thinking?

Got my TWR Missing Link kit for my 02 EGC (great workmanship!) and stopped into my dealer this past week to get the replacement bushing to mount the kit. As my bike is an 02, I need the 03 bushing to fit the kit.

I give Rob the part number, he looks it up and says, 'Want the good news or the bad news first?'
I think, 'OK', here it comes....good news, the bushing is in stock, bad news is Harley Canada increased the price from around 30 CDN to almost double! What used to cost about 30 cost me 62 CDN with taxes (and I get a discount from the dealer which basically eats the taxes).

Nice price for a chunk of hard rubber..
Rob says that the day before he was looking up parts prices for older early 90's bikes and HD has declared a number of parts 'obsolete' so it's used parts or aftermarket for those bikes..

Picked up the bushing, want to get my kit installed. I haven't started the project yet but was thinking, should I get a new bushing for the left side? Probably a good idea to replace both sides at the same time with new bushings??

Here is a pic of the bushing...

Attached Thumbnails 02 swingarm bushing...what is HD thinking?-bushing.jpg  

Last edited by cruise_carter; 05-10-2009 at 05:36 PM.