Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Start of my Rat Rod 09 EGS/SG

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:38 PM
1cerberus4u
|
Cruiser
Default Start of my Rat Rod 09 EGS/SG

Ok guys, thanks for the advice so far and here is the first stab at it. Obviously I still have more to do, but the project is coming along. the biggest issue is trying to get parts in and painted before Bike Week Laconia. Still can't seem to find a cool 50mm intake that is flat black. The V&H has been on backorder for ever. I also can't decide on what floorboard and controls to use. Been waiting for the Yaffee dash for 3 weeks etc...

But, I just needed to ride it today

tomorrow? Bentley's in kittery

BTW, gotta give a big shout out to:

Fuel Moto
HDwheels
Matt at Heritage Harley
Bagger Nation

All have been great help so far.

Still to do:

Dash
black out lights
Floorboards/Controls
Black out bagger rail
New front fender (after that little accident.....)

Attached Thumbnails Start of my Rat Rod 09 EGS/SG-015.jpg   Start of my Rat Rod 09 EGS/SG-012.jpg  

Last edited by 1cerberus4u; 05-09-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-09-2009 | 10:43 PM
esram
Cruiser

Nice direction, looking good.

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:43 PM
Bar_Hopper
Tourer

bike looks awesome! i love rat bikes. imo, she would look better with a 21 inch up front and some blackout parts on the engine... and definitely some sort of heat wraps on the pipes... either dirty white or black!

just my opinion though!

she does look great!

Old 05-09-2009 | 10:47 PM
1cerberus4u
|
Cruiser

I struggled with the 21 front tire, but in the end, stuck with the 17 to get more meat on the front white wall. A 21 would make it look too "new school". In the end, the only non black will be the motor/tranny. Gotta have some shiny something on it.......

Old 05-10-2009 | 06:16 AM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

I'm old enough to have lived through the original "Rat Rod" era and I think it's a great idea what you're doing! Best of luck with your project. It's looking pretty darn good, so far.

Old 05-10-2009 | 07:57 AM
subvetmmcs
Advanced

Looking good
I like the two rides in the background too

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:24 AM
VT Hog
Road Warrior

Bike looks amazing so far. Well done!!

I would also flat black the out the dashboard, gas door, headlight ring and driving light rings. You could always get the Screaming Eagle intake and flat black powder coat it.

I will look for the bike at Laconia for sure!

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:42 AM
busch
Road Warrior

Looks cool got to hand it to you, add some so cal striping from back in the day
Like the Mopars in the back ground

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:49 AM
1cerberus4u
|
Cruiser

yea, craig:

All that stuff is on the list to do. I got the SG rear panel and painted it via ppg's version of matte black, but it came out semi gloss really dark grey..... go figure. I am waiting for the new front fender, dash and a few other parts before I paint again. I ordered the color right from HD yesterday, so so hopefully it will be a better match.

My wife in I have been chasing the color thing, as the more you convert to Matte, the more chrome you see...... Damn there are a lot of shinny little bolts on this thing.....

I had also debated on making the forks matte, but when the yaffee Monkey bars and engine guard came in gloss, well, combined with the gloss frame, I kinda accepted that some contrast was OK.

Subvet, thanks for the bump on the cars.... yea, if it's got wheels and a motor, I tend to like it......

Old 05-10-2009 | 08:51 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

The bike looks great - love the RR look. BTW, Kizzzzzot (or something like that) posted pictures of a bike his shop painted...it looked just like rust! You might want to search for his post just to get some other ideas.

Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Start of my Rat Rod 09 EGS/SG