Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker Unfriendly?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 11:36 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree we've brought much of this on ourselves with the loud exhaust. People are getting sick and tired of it. Its not fun riding in rallys with loud bikes all around.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:41 PM
saw*me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me one good Hurricane and bike week will be back. The money they want now is not from bikers but if that goes away.............

Tom

Old 05-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by saw*me
Trust me one good Hurricane and bike week will be back. The money they want now is not from bikers but if that goes away.............

Tom
while I would hate to see anyone hurt or suffer property damage...if something like this happens, that's when we stand up and say " you didn't want us in the good times, don't call during the bad"....

Old 05-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Ultrasweet
Road Captain

Texas just passed a BS law that makes it unlawful for businesses to refuse service to people wearing "motorcycle garb". We don't need laws for stuff like this. As many have said, when people don't want you take your money somewhere else. T.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:13 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Michigan speedway started making bikes park outside a number of years ago. Too many drunks riding to the pissers and falling over ... Its too bad but someone always finds a way to ruin it for the rest..

Old 05-10-2009, 07:38 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
We went to bike week a few years back ... and swore we wouldn't do that again.

We discovered during a run down the keys that Floridians (at least the hotels/motels) don't like bikers ... period! Couldn't get a hotel rooms to save our lives. We even took it up a few notches ... ask for a room then being told the place was full ... Even though the Vacancy sign was lit... and EVEN though, while we still lingered outside the lobby ... motorists would drive up, walk in and walk out with room keys only moments later. This happened numerous times. Funny how that happens? Happened too often to be a coinkidink.
Huh, I'm a Native Cracker. In my fifty years of riding in Florida I've never encountered this.

Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 AM
StreetGlider57
Road Master

Some rallies just get a reputation of being the wild west. Riders need to respect the town or city they're in. This is not "The Wild Ones" where bikers just take over a small town.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 AM
hdroadkng
Stage IV

I just moved down near Jacksonville (Middleburg) a couple years back and have to say the North East Florida area is one of the most biker friendly area's I've lived. There is a bike night every night somewhere between Jacksonville and Daytona. The number of biker friendly bars in the area is just amazing and they all welcome us with open arms. The only negative thing I've heard is the notherners who have moved down in the past 20 or so years is trying to push Bike Week and Bikertobefest out of Daytona proper. But according to the true locals that will never happen because Bike Week and Biketoberfest is where they make the big money. The NASCAR crowd and Sprink Break crowd, according to the locals, are just plain cheap! They say it's the bikers who bring the big money into town. One thing you have to be careful of in Florida is the location of your license plate. They just recently enacted a law that has a $1500.00 fine for improper placement, which is any area other than the rear of the bike. The law was designed to crack down on the sport bikes who would hide their plates. From what I understand most cops won't write the ticket unless you screw with them. Plus several have said if you do get the ticket and fine to take it court because the law is vaguely written and the judge can lower the fine. ABATE is working now to get the law repealed.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 AM
vindyl
Road Master

F*&K myrtle beach and the rest of the a$$holes that don't want our money. I will be happy to spend it elsewhere. Like was said before to bad for the people who want our money in these kinda places but oh well. You know we are and always will be BIKER TRASH to somepeople. F*&K'em they just don't get it. And the thing that sux the most is most of the people who judge people for what they think they see are the LOWEST forms of scum in the world themselves. So spend and visit elsewhere and ride safe. and F.T.W.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikergirl40
We went to bike week a few years back ... and swore we wouldn't do that again.

We discovered during a run down the keys that Floridians (at least the hotels/motels) don't like bikers ... period! Couldn't get a hotel rooms to save our lives. We even took it up a few notches ... ask for a room then being told the place was full ... Even though the Vacancy sign was lit... and EVEN though, while we still lingered outside the lobby ... motorists would drive up, walk in and walk out with room keys only moments later. This happened numerous times. Funny how that happens? Happened too often to be a coinkidink.
This is very difficult to believe, there are a lot of bikers passing through the Keys on any given day and they seem to have no problem getting a place to stay.

Quick Reply: Biker Unfriendly?