Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair weather rider...

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009 | 10:29 AM
ezlife
Road Master

Sure it was your "bro" you were talking to and not your "sis".

Rib'em, he deserves it! My wife says he's a pu**y! She rides all winter with me.

Old 05-10-2009 | 11:28 AM
red devil
Outstanding HDF Member

I was snooping around in here when I seen this and had to reply! A fair weather rider? I have one for ya! This guy I work with use to brag about all the miles he puts on his bike and he's a rider and not a wanna be. Well when I got mine I was riding it as much as possible simply because I love to ride. I didn't buy it to look at! So it's later in the year and the highs are only in the 40-50's and lows at night are 30's and we both work 2nd shift. So we usually ride in together and one day he doesn't and I ask him whats up, he says " I had to get gas in the truck". Then the next day comes, " I was at my moms for lunch" didn't have time to get the bike out. Then I started to hear them all, backyard is a swamp, the roads have too much dirt on them, chance of rain tonight, its too cold and that's when I knew it! Fair weather rider! This guy has all the winter gear hanging in his shed, but I never seen him wear it once! Living in NEPA the winter sucks, but as long as it's not icy or snowing out I'm riding! Rode last year until mid December and got it back out in mid February! The cold doesn't bother me at all and I actually prefer the spring & fall weather over the hot summer, but as long as I'm riding I'm happy! By the way this guy is a HDF member!

Old 05-10-2009 | 01:37 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ezlife
Sure it was your "bro" you were talking to and not your "sis".

Rib'em, he deserves it! My wife says he's a pu**y! She rides all winter with me.
+1 on Him being a Pu**y!

Old 05-10-2009 | 03:11 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Got invited by a friend in the Boozefighters past Amarillo yesterday to go to a party there, 260 miles one way. Started out cold, then got hot, then got wet but I went anyway. Had a great time, Man those guys can drink! They keep the tradition alive! Came back this morning, it was 54 and windy all the way to Hereford, Tx, then little more rain. Bythe time I hit Clovis, NM the sun was out and I was peeling off gear. Got to Roswell and it was hot as hell and sunny. If you really love to ride, you'll just do it. Bike is covered in bugs and dirt but who give a sh*t

Old 05-10-2009 | 10:29 PM
billyp326
Cruiser

Well I guess I should respond to these accusations... Yes folks, I'm the bro, p*ssy, ect. whatever you wanna call me... I did have every intention to ride up to see him but had some business to take care of like he said about 1/3 of the way to his house from mine... The business was about 2 1/2 hours and I did not want to be wet when I got there and it was pouring out when I left the house so yes, I took the cage... When I got done it was starting to let up and cold, windy as hell... I would have had to drive back home to pick up the scoot (45 mins) and take back off to Green Bay 1 hr 45 mins... Yes not to bad of a ride (actually would have been pretty nice)... Well I called my wife (big mistake). She did not want me to get sick because we have a newborn at home so taking her advice I took the cage... Yes I know, this is all about excuses. When I took off with the cage, I got about 1/4 the way there and stuck my hand out the window and was kicking myself for not taking the scoot.... So yes, I'm "That Guy"... as much as I hate to admit it we all make mistakes... So with that being said let the sh*t giving begin... I can take it... I think

Old 05-11-2009 | 04:47 AM
copracer288
Intermediate

Hey, everybody slips once in a while.

We can forgive you.

Old 05-11-2009 | 06:32 AM
Scooter_092196
|
Tourer

I would dare to bet that every one of these guys, if posed with the same situation, would have done the same. This post wasn't meant to be any bashing against my bro. I'd have done the same. Who the hell likes to go get wet and sit for two and a half hours (taking care of business), then jump back on the bike and ride for an hour in 40-some degree weather. Not this guy. Hind sight, yeah the afternoon turned out alright, but who's to know.

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:02 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Wet, wind, lightning, cold no problem. Ice, snow, I wont ride, thats just me.

Originally Posted by Scooter_092196
I would dare to bet that every one of these guys, if posed with the same situation, would have done the same. This post wasn't meant to be any bashing against my bro. I'd have done the same. Who the hell likes to go get wet and sit for two and a half hours (taking care of business), then jump back on the bike and ride for an hour in 40-some degree weather. Not this guy. Hind sight, yeah the afternoon turned out alright, but who's to know.

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:03 AM
Bigredone
Road Master

I do my share of riding but I avoid wet, real cold and very hot riding. I don't need to be misirable to love to ride.

Old 05-11-2009 | 07:08 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

Looks like I'll be wet riding home from work today, it's pouring out. Maybe I'll buy some wet weather gear some day.

Quick Reply: Fair weather rider...