Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hawg wired install stereo and biketronics waterproof cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
jm1211
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hawg wired install stereo and biketronics waterproof cover

Guys, Does anybody know if a biketronics waterproof cover will fit with a hawg wired radio install kit. I just put in a JVC nx5000 stereo with built in Nav using the hawgwired radio install kit, the swi-jack adapter for the hand controls and I would now like to get a little extra protection from the weather. I know some might ask why i did not just go with the whole biketronic kit but I liked the look of the hawgwired better and I saved a lot of cash using a swi-jack adapter. Also just in case if anybody was wondering the JVC nx5000 rocks and the built in NAV is awesome.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I haven't done it, but I do have the Biketronics installation kit and seen HW installations. Both use a facia that fits snug to the back of the inner fairing to cover the gap of the smaller, DIN size headunits when installed in the space the HD OEM radios use.

That being the case, the Biketronics splash guard should fit, provided the headunit doesn't have controls that project too far forward; but that's a headunit issue.

The splash guard will work when the bike is parked. I had my splash guard pop loose twice the first time I tried to use it while riding and haven't used it since while riding.

Also, since I've had a painted inner fairing for several years, I haven't pressed the splash guard in much at all for fear of damaging the paint on the inner fairing.