Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just pulled the trigger on a TWR Missing Link Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 10:13 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just pulled the trigger on a TWR Missing Link Kit

I know the Progressive one is cheaper, but after long consideration, I picked this one. You guys cost me alot of money.

Old 05-07-2009, 10:46 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

I'm happy with my TWR

Old 05-07-2009, 06:20 PM
bnelele
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shrink: Don't know if you read on the forum where I went down because of the wobble. I just got the hospital bill today, 77k for the room and 18k for the flight. Oh and 25k for the totaled UC. Consider the money you spent cheap insurance on a problem that keeps creeping up on the boards. I can say from my perspective, you spent money to make you bike safer and thats a good thing. I wish I had a do over and was made aware of this problem sooner. Let us know after you get it installed how you like it.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:51 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bnelele
Shrink: Don't know if you read on the forum where I went down because of the wobble. I just got the hospital bill today, 77k for the room and 18k for the flight. Oh and 25k for the totaled UC. Consider the money you spent cheap insurance on a problem that keeps creeping up on the boards. I can say from my perspective, you spent money to make you bike safer and thats a good thing. I wish I had a do over and was made aware of this problem sooner. Let us know after you get it installed how you like it.
Holy crap, man I hope you had good insurance! I know you're alive, so count your blessings and all, but dayum...

Yep, the TWR is a good product. They all may be equally effective, but technically, I think the TWR is the best designed. Not the easiest to install, but that's not the issue. Added bennie is being able to use a center stand as well. Ride safe!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:11 PM
ballpeen
Tourer

You'll find an immediate difference with the handling of your bike. I bought mine (TWR) over a year ago from Tracy. It was money well spent, and well worth every penny. RIde Safe, TIm

Old 05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bnelele - I did see on another post about your "wobble crash". Glad you're here to tell about it. I hope you get well quick so you can get back on that horse!

I couldn't find any directions online for the install. I don't think it will be too bad. Tracy has these on sale right now. I paid $311.99 including shipping. I will post my opinions after the install. I've heard nothing but good about the TWR. Thanks for all of the feedback.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Roadhog02
Cruiser

I bought one for my 08 Ultra Classic and put it on before I had a thousand miles on my bike. I have experienced the wobble on my Wide Glide fully loaded with camping gear, two up and going through a sweeping corner with a couple of bumps in it. I thought I was going to **** my pants when I felt close to losing control. I too did a lot of reading on the products that help to correct that problem and I bought the TWR. I traveled across country last summer on my Classic and did not experience any wobble through out my entire trip. Easy install and great insurance for sure!

Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM
jimsuver
Supporter
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sure like my TWR! They may all do the same, but they do not all look and fit the same. Also if you have a center stand the TWR works with one very well.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Fireman44
Tourer

I ordered mine the other day and should get it monday.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:20 PM
bnelele
Advanced

Guys: I don't want to hijack the thread but to answer a few questions, no medical ins or coverage on the bike. Just PL an Pd to be legal on the street. Not good but you know the economy. A lot of us are in the same boat. At 62 I just started to collect SS so I don't know how they will get blood out of a turnip but I might be lucky if I don't end up homless. The one thing I really think about is what I would of done if my 60 yo girlfriend would of been on the back. The bike is pretty much totaled and odds are that we would both probrally wouldn't of made it. There are so many on this form who tune out to this problem because it hasen't happened to them. Well it only had to happen to me once. I hope that if they won't at least consider there to be a problem here and they ride 2 up, they would think about the safety of their loved one on on the back. If I would of been killed that morning, I at least would of gone doing something I loved but if my girlfriend had been on the back and she died I don't know how I would of been able to live the rest of my life knowing a 300 dollar part might have prevented this. By the way as this was my first HD I was pretty much ignorant as to what bagger wobble was and had never experianced it before this. Also at 62 I dont consider myself an agressive rider either. I am encouraged to see so many who are open to making their bikes safer by learning about this problem and then deciding what is best for them. I can't turn back the hands of time but if what I know now was known then, you could be sure that I would of addressed the issue.

Last edited by bnelele; 05-08-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Just pulled the trigger on a TWR Missing Link Kit