Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metzler 880 150/70 B 18 back ordered til Late July

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Metzler 880 150/70 B 18 back ordered til Late July

Anyone know where I can get one sooner?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:58 AM
beatnix13
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same problem with one dealer. so i called someone else, and they got the tire in a few days. i think they got the tire from drag specialties.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

yeah... it's a supplier issue, there's plenty of Metz out there. Sometimes the white walls are harder to find though.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default tire

call HOGPRO, they usually stock alot of those tires.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

What a coincidence. I was on the phone with Metzler this morning looking for one after calling Drag Specialties, Hogpro, and a whole lot of other vendors last week and finding out these are discontinued, but there is a new revision with a new part #. The guy at Metzler said even when the tires become available, there's gonna be such a rush on them that this whole riding season is going to be affected due to the rush when they DO get them back in stock.

WTF????? Unbelievable. The Metzler guy said he gets a bazillion calls a day looking for these tires.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default tires

how about HDForums sponsor- warehousedirec.com says 15% discount on all metzlers in may... just a thought. I just got new Metzlers a week ago, guess I was lucky. Had them in stock at Bakersfield Harley. I picked up a nail on a Kern River ride and my HD extended wheel warranty came in handy once again. They cannot patch or plug a tire at a dealer, they only replace them. Thats two new back tires for the $50.00 deductable. Will never buy a new bike w/o this warranty. They replaced the hoops on my HOG PRO 3-piece billet wheel, after I hit a BIG pot hole and bent it, no questions asked.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by langhammx
how about HDForums sponsor- warehousedirec.com says 15% discount on all metzlers in may... just a thought. I just got new Metzlers a week ago, guess I was lucky. Had them in stock at Bakersfield Harley. I picked up a nail on a Kern River ride and my HD extended wheel warranty came in handy once again. They cannot patch or plug a tire at a dealer, they only replace them. Thats two new back tires for the $50.00 deductable. Will never buy a new bike w/o this warranty. They replaced the hoops on my HOG PRO 3-piece billet wheel, after I hit a BIG pot hole and bent it, no questions asked.
You're lucky. I just called Bakersfield HD and they remembered you. The guy in Service said he got yours from another store and it was a take off. Nobody he knows has them in stock. Thanks a million though for the info. MUch appreciated. I was going to get them to ship to my Dealer.

This sucks!

Last edited by UltraKla$$ic; 05-06-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am going to put my stock wheel back on, but I would do an Avon or try something else. This tire only made it 1 season so I could put up with something for the timebeing.... What other tires out there would others suggest??

Old 05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
You're lucky. I just called Bakersfield HD and they remembered you. The guy in Service said he got yours from another store and it was a take off. Nobody he knows has them in stock. Thanks a million though for the info. MUch appreciated. I was going to get them to ship to my Dealer.

This sucks!
I feel lucky Now that you mention it, He did go down the street to get it. Funny, didn't know anything about a take-off
It's all good, working for me... I'll make a couple calls for you out here. Lots of M/c custom shops and tire shops.

If all else fails, Avon is a good tire, but they kinda wear out fast. Michelin has touring tires too.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
wharfrat1959
Advanced

i have been getting mine from motorcyclesuperstore.com. fair price. good service.
but alas, not available at this time.
looks like my Sporty tires are still ok though.

Last edited by wharfrat1959; 05-06-2009 at 05:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Metzler 880 150/70 B 18 back ordered til Late July