Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
06cobalthd
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Electrical Problem please help

ok i'll try my hardest to paint a picture for you folks, sorry if i ramble on alittle.
2006 SG with a delphi alarm system with siren, was installing my in dash nav/dvd and to do this i ran a extra positive wire with 30 amp inline fuse and a negative, got everything hooked up and wanted to make it where the radio turns off with the key, i did not cut any wires on my bike what so ever, all i did was peel back some of the insolation on the ACCESSORIES wire which is red and gray. After having some issues with the lighting of the lcd and the lights on the new radio i took it off, so now my bike is completely back to stock, no radio fairing and all is still off. my bike will NOT start or light up what so ever no, but i came to figure out it will ONLY IF I HOLD THE NEW POSITIVE WIRE TO THE ACCESSORIE WIRE where i peeled alittle piece of insolation off. At that point it will turn on like normal and fire up and run, only thing is... when i turn the switch to the off position my tach and speedo light stay on and if its in off mode and i disconnect and reconnect battery i can hear the fuel pump come on and off EVEN THOUGH ITS OFF POSITION. Seems like im by passing something but can figure out what, i have checked my fuses under fuse box. ANY HELP I GREATFULLY APPRECIATE AGAIN SORRY FOR RAMBLING. By the way its a 1025n eonon dvd navigation

Old 05-06-2009, 01:23 AM
onthelo
Road Master

sounds like back feed threw that wire you stripped back make sure the wire is not broken at all and start from there. I would also unplug everything aftermarket also seems like you already did that too...hmmm any chance the factory stereo has something to do with it like it needs to be hooked up for all the security system to work properly like without it its in protect mode so you cant start just some ideas ....

Old 05-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Raptor1956
Tourer

check your neg return or ground wire.

Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM
OG1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

also you can try and reset your tssm module. it can make your bike go batsh!t crazy. ill see if i can find the reset process.

EDIT: heres the one I have used before. read it a few times before you do it, its confusing... TSSM Reset

if that gets deleted for being another board, PM me and ill get it to you.

Last edited by OG1; 05-06-2009 at 01:48 AM.