Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear pulley bolts

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
tgaetto
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am going back to the stock pulley and bolts, just trying to find one! I also need a new tire and the Metzler 880 Marathon is BO until mid July.... I was looking at stainless for a few different reasons but will go back to the stock set up as soon as I can find one. Just when the weather is getting nice too!

Old 05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At least you found the problem before it left you stranded...

I had my wheels put on at the stealership, apparently they didn't do something right, EVERY bolt came out / busted off less than 500 miles after they did the swap.. Damaged my swingarm, the pulley and the wheel hub. They have had my bike for over two weeks so far to repair the damage done by their poor installation of the wheels.. Fun stuff.. I got a free IDS out of it we will see how much more I get as we wrap it up. They are just lucky nobody got hurt because of this crap...

Old 05-06-2009, 11:17 AM
tgaetto
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sublime_ac
At least you found the problem before it left you stranded...

I had my wheels put on at the stealership, apparently they didn't do something right, EVERY bolt came out / busted off less than 500 miles after they did the swap.. Damaged my swingarm, the pulley and the wheel hub. They have had my bike for over two weeks so far to repair the damage done by their poor installation of the wheels.. Fun stuff.. I got a free IDS out of it we will see how much more I get as we wrap it up. They are just lucky nobody got hurt because of this crap...
My biggest fear was the hub being hosed but I lucked out. Like I stated before I have 10k on the tire and wheel and it appears that I had not used red? I half think that the pulley was shifting under load and eventually caused the bolts to loosen? Anyway the fix is in sight! I have a set of stock wheels with a decent tire so that may go on while I am dealing with locating a Metzler....

Old 05-09-2009, 12:32 PM
tgaetto
Road Warrior

Just received the pulley and I am headed up to HD for the bolts back together in an hour. Should get the tire tuesday and mount it on wed. Almost over!