Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's Up With E-mail Notification?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009 | 09:04 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

My email provider is Comcast. I had similar problems until someone recommended registering for something like a gmail account and then having that system forward all emails to your primary account. That's what I did and have had no further problems.

I know it seems like a lot of BS to go through but it fixed the problem. Gmail offers their service free of change so this hasn't cost me anything so far.

FWIW!
Good luck,
Steve R.

Old 05-04-2009 | 09:29 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Soos, set up a gmail account and your problems will be solved. Drove me crazy at first, but if you set it up and have it forwarded to your regular e-mail, it will work. Mine works great and has been for many months now.

Old 05-04-2009 | 11:04 PM
kpb46
Road Master

You shouldn't have to go thru all that crap just to get notified. I use several different forums and this is the only one that does not work. The Honda one works (go figure)

Old 05-05-2009 | 05:59 AM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

You shouldn't, but you do, and it's apparently not going to change. Best thing to do is work the system, or live without notifications, or spend less time here. I gave up and finally decided to work the system, and it's worked fine since then.

Old 05-05-2009 | 06:25 AM
jharanin
Road Master

I get the same stuff..comcast account.

Old 05-05-2009 | 06:36 AM
jharanin
Road Master

I'm testing this gmail thing to see if I've set it up right...what a PIA.

Old 05-05-2009 | 05:02 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by taterdog
you shouldn't, but you do, and it's apparently not going to change. Best thing to do is work the system, or live without notifications, or spend less time here. I gave up and finally decided to work the system, and it's worked fine since then.
+1

Old 05-06-2009 | 08:31 PM
soos
|
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Taterdog
Soos, set up a gmail account and your problems will be solved. Drove me crazy at first, but if you set it up and have it forwarded to your regular e-mail, it will work. Mine works great and has been for many months now.
Hey Tater, I took your advice and opened up a Gmail account and selected forward email. It doesn't work. Screw it, I'm done with this.

Old 05-06-2009 | 08:37 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by soos
Hey Tater, I took your advice and opened up a Gmail account and selected forward email. It doesn't work. Screw it, I'm done with this.
Let me check my gmail account settings and I'll get back to you. Believe me, if it works for me it should work for you. I couldn't keep up without e-mail notifications. Be back in a minute.

Old 05-07-2009 | 06:18 AM
jharanin
Road Master

Soos,
I did it and it's working...using Comcast. It took a little while before I got anything back.

Originally Posted by soos

Quick Reply: What's Up With E-mail Notification?