Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&h 2009 touring true duals

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 AM
bah rk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&h 2009 touring true duals

hii all,

I installed the rineheart slip ons on my 2009 FLHX but it sound lower than what i heared on youtube, would it go higher if i install the V&H 2009 rdessers true duals?
any one did this mode?

Regards,

Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer

i dont know if it will be louder, but over time mufflers do get louder and rinehart's do have a good tone. and there not overbearing i have true duals on my 07 and get alot of compiments on the tone, might just need to give them some time or install a different baffle in them i believe there are 2 types of baffles. ride safe =D oh i would recommend keeping what you have, things are going crazy with new laws for motorcycles lately and having your original exhaust may just be for the best. that way you can just put your stock mufflers back on if needs be.

Last edited by poppa cooter; 05-03-2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:02 AM
rideshack
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Poppa is correct that the sounds with gradually get louder as you put miles on the bike, and the packing begins to burn off. Unfortunately, the optional baffles are only for the mufflers used in Rinehart complete true dual system which are different than the slip-ons. There are no baffle options for the slip-ons.

As the the V&H headers, if you want to gain a little horsepower and torque, a good option is the Power Duals. The two header pipe cross below the passenger footrest. This fools the engine into thinking its a 2-into-1 exhaust, which generally produces better hp and torque numbers.

http://www.rideshack.com/Vance_Hines...hpowerdual.htm

As for laws enforcement, municipalities, if they're targeting aftermarket exhaust will look for an EPA stamp that only appears on factory mufflers. If you have your stock mufflers, keep them around just in case your local ordinances begin enforcing federally mandated EPA standards.

Corey
www.rideshack.com

Old 05-03-2009, 09:48 AM
wkenddad
Tourer

I'd have to argee.
Saw the Power Duals on an 09 StreetGlide at the Vance and Hine booth in Laughlin.
They had the power duals and monster ovals.
Nice mellow bass sound, unlike the rata tat sound from some others.
Very Stereo friendly..

Old 05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
09_Roadking_kid
Intermediate

slip on's do get louder after time but if you wanted to change baffles go with big city thunder baffles just measure the inside diameter of the muffler and slip um in you can really hear the difference, or you can just take your baffles out that's really loud but go on you tube and type in "big city thunder baffles" and there's this guy with a street glide with rinehart slip on's with the big city thunder baffles it sounds mean

Old 05-03-2009, 01:33 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

in the 09's the Cat is in the header and not in the Muffler like they were on the 08's so the slip ons will not be the same.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
09StreetGlide
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hog95023
in the 09's the Cat is in the header and not in the Muffler like they were on the 08's so the slip ons will not be the same.
So doing true duals on the 09 will be a big improvement then right?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:59 PM
kwb
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bah rk
hii all,

I installed the rineheart slip ons on my 2009 FLHX but it sound lower than what i heared on youtube, would it go higher if i install the V&H 2009 rdessers true duals?
any one did this mode?

Regards,
I did exactly that... I have a 09 RKC (California bike w/cats) and added the Rinehart slip-ons. It sounded nice - but on the quite side. So I added the V&H Dresser Duels and it is considerably louder (maybe twice as loud). It has a nice sound to it - but I wouldnt want it any louder.... I wonder if the increase in sound level was partly due to losing the cats???

As far as power, I didnt notice an increase in power.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlide
So doing true duals on the 09 will be a big improvement then right?
Well, there was another thread on this and apparently the cat doesnt hold back the stock motor as much as you would think. Depends how modified your engine is.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM
Mike5959
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have rineharts slipons and I was actually pulled over for them being too loud. I was in a tunnel at the time and a gear lower than normal. That being said I can definitely manage the output. If I ride low key it is quiet, if I let it rip its loud. Seems perfect for me.

Quick Reply: V&h 2009 touring true duals