Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes Speakers and Tweeter Pod Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hog Tunes Speakers and Tweeter Pod Install

Well I have been following this Tread and I was lucky enough to win a set of Hog Tunes speakers and the Tweeter Kit at the local HD Dealers open house last weekend, and thanks to Gas Can I followed his instructions to the T and it was easy I originally was gonna have the dealer install them at a cost of $85 hr labor Im sure it would have taken almost two hours that's about what it took me.
My impression of the set up is this, I like the ease of installation as far as the speakers the magnets are larger and heavier hope the added weight doesn't stress the mounting points as they are only plastic and may crack from the added weight? Or am I just being paranoid? The tweeter pod was also very easy although I figured out ya had to disconnect the Y plugs to get em thru the holes then re connect I hope they don't get affected by water either the grills or under the lip near the windshield on top. I also lost my double windshield bag, oh well looks better without it although Ill have to replace the windshield sooner or later as the bag scratched it.
My Overall Impression of the sound, although I didn't go for a ride yet only listened to them in the garage I really am not blown away by the sound, Ill see how they sound on the road I felt they were a little "tinny" I like more base . Its not a fair impression as like I said I didn't take a ride I cant do that until next weekend The build quality was excellent and the instructions and ease of installation was excellent!!! My 2 cents I also must say Pez responded to my e mails fast and customer service was excellent all in all a nice quality upgrade to the MOCO's stock set up, thanks again Gas Can Ride Safe Bill

Last edited by daharleyrdr; 05-02-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Were they the new design speakers? I've been reading many rave posts about the new speakers.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:09 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i posted the same thing on the other post you had but since you won the speakers go ahead and buy an amp from pez it is definatley worth the money and get the good out of the speakers

Old 05-02-2009, 11:29 PM
rideshack
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wassup8687
Were they the new design speakers? I've been reading many rave posts about the new speakers.
http://www.rideshack.com/Stereo_and_Audio_s/368.htm

Corey
www.rideshack.com