Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod help Mp 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 09:00 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Ipod help Mp 3

Need help Im an old bastard...........what is the best Mp3 player for short money and is it easy to use and how do ya listen on the scoot......

I'm sure its been posted before, but more and more new sh**t out there everyday.

If you are looking for a really cool site to listen and download music try Pandora Radio......
just google it....

Thanks.......................Let Those Who Ride.......DECIDE!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:10 AM
maxflhx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try to find the older ipod shuffle, you can probably get a good deal on one as they are being discontinued. It has a clip on the back to hang it wherever and just plug it into the aux port on the radio. Or a Creative Zen Stone, same kind of thing but you can use windows media player to put your music on it wich I find easier than itunes.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use a 2nd Generation iPod shuffle plugged into my HK head unit. I can load it up with hours more music than my butt can take in the saddle. Since it's all my music, there's never a bad tune, so I don't need to see what's playing. The 2nd Generation shuffles are still available for $49. The newer ones have the controls in the earphone cord and wouldn't work as well if you want to plug the iPod into your head unit.

2nd Generation Shuffle

Old 05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
awmllc2000
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

go ipod

Old 05-02-2009, 11:50 AM
nocages4me
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use a 60gb ipod. I have over 10,000 songs on my ipod. I used a RAM mount from gpscity.com. It just clamps around the handlebar and they have ipod specific cradles that mount to them. Then I have a male to male lead that runs from the ipod to the stereo. Switch it to aux and your ready to rock. I also use the same RAM mount for my butler drink cup holder so I can remove the entire bracket in 5 seconds and just leave the ball on the handle bars

Old 05-02-2009, 12:09 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Need help Im an old bastard...........what is the best Mp3 player for short money and is it easy to use and how do ya listen on the scoot......

I'm sure its been posted before, but more and more new sh**t out there everyday.

If you are looking for a really cool site to listen and download music try Pandora Radio......
just google it....

Thanks.......................Let Those Who Ride.......DECIDE!!!!!!!
About to turn 62 so from one old bastard to another (lol) here is what I use. The ipod and hook up are cheap (under $65) and make for a nice clean set up IMO, or at least on a SG it works.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

There are 2 main factors that govern the price of an MP3 player:

Old 05-02-2009, 06:14 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior

Sorry, not sure what happened there

1. The user interface, in other words how easy is it to retrieve songs from the device when you want to play music. Cheaper devices are very difficult / painful to retrieve exactly the album / artist etc that you feel like listening to.

2. Capacity. This is an easier one to deal with as the number of songs it will hold is usually clearly displayed with these devices. It is down to you and your music range / preference / library to decide what is suitable

Actually, the cheapest and best MP3 player around more often than not is your mobile phone. Most modern handsets will take a memory card, and even micro SD will get up to 16Gb now (and that is plenty for using on your bike). The interface on phones are also really quite neat now and the sound quality is fine.

Personally, I love Ipod and that is what I use, but I have 16Gb on my phone and use that quite often as well.

Connection is very simple via the Aux jack on the stereo

Good luck

Old 05-02-2009, 07:42 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd get at least the older version ipod nano (not the long one..for price..8gig is just fine, if you wanna pay for the newest then the new nanno is just fine) the sorta square one so you can see what you are trying to play

stay away from zune garbage

Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 673 Likes on 537 Posts

i loaded a bunch onto a sd card and plugged that into zummo

Quick Reply: Ipod help Mp 3