Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Premium Tour Pack Rack Bag

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 AM
dooz28
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Update from 10/24/12 post: Turns out H-D Premium bags sold in 2011 did not have the same two-year guarantee that they do now, unless you bought them with a bike. Otherwise it's 90 days. Local dealer did some research and learned the same thing. (I had originally purchased this online from an out-of-state H-D dealer.) Local dealer was very helpful but hesitant to submit a warranty claim they know would be rejected on the technicality because they get penalized for bad claims, so I can't blame them. So I made my appeal directly to Motor Comany HQ backed up by LOTS of documentation about the original purchase and the limited amount of time I had used the bag. In the end, they were very nice and issued a credit to the dealer where I had originally purchased it. I have replaced it with another bag in the same line. A happy H-D customer. Advice to others? Keep your cool, treat all the H-D customer service reps and dealer personnel with respect, supply lots of data, let everyone know that your are disappointed in the quality of a very expensive product, and be persistent until your problem is resolved to your satisfaction. Sad this is this all would have been a moot point if I had purchased the item six months later...the new warranty would have covered what happened.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:20 AM
122c
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We use the T-Bag Horseshoe for Harley's on overnight trips and it works fine. With the 2 zipper pouches on top passenger can get to them with out even slowing down. Good value for what we do.....JM2cents

Old 11-27-2012, 05:51 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 865 Likes on 542 Posts

As far as the hard cover premium style bag goes, it looks great but they have had some problems with lasting and that cracking thing.

I was going to buy one but after doing some research and being the cheap guy that I am. I elected to purchase the "COLLAPSIBLE RACK BAG" #93300009 $99.95.

I have had this bag since they first came out and I have zero problems with it!

The main reason I like this bag instead of the hard back bag is that "if" I don't need to use it, it will collapse and fit inside the tourpak. It also has 2700 cubic inches instead of 2000 cubic inches like the hard back bag. It does have a rain bag that fits perfect and when mama and I travel she picks thing up which give us more room.

Ride Safe,

YELLOWBIRD

Attached Thumbnails HD Premium Tour Pack Rack Bag-my-htc-evo-phone-photos-038.jpg  

Last edited by 09 YELLOWBIRD; 11-27-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:39 AM
Pastor Ed
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine this fall on sale. I've only used it once for a short little hop so won't comment on quality. The wife and I have used a luggage rack bag for many years for rain gear and other stuff we need in a hurry on a day to day basis while traveling.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you want to carry a couple of full face helmets with these bags can a cargo net be utilized or will they fit in the bag etc?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:17 AM
JimmyDee
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts

Have one, but as of yet have not used it. Good quality and looks nice when mounted on the tour pack. Several well place outside pockets that would make getting to small essentials easy when traveling. Comes with a rain jacket, although a friend of mine rode 3 hours in the rain without it and the bag did not leak.