Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Premium Tour Pack Rack Bag

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
bldap
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A point I just thought of between the TBag Horseshoe (soft bag) and Bootcase (rigid bag). Given this is going to be on the tour pak rack I would need to go with a rigid bag since the bag may not always be full. Would want the shape to remain intact even if it's not full.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the hd premium bag that the op was asking about . bought it last year for a long trip. love the bag, well made and cool harley logo. as fas as size goes - with stuff in our two saddlebags and tour pac, this was the perfect add on. wouldnt have wanted any more total weight on the bike for our week long trip. it did absolutely pour one day for hours, but the rain cover for it kept everything dry.

looks like it was made for the bike...................

tin

Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bldap
Are you talking about the HD premium rack bag?
Yes. I was thinking of using it for extra storage. I have a t bag for longer trips but was thinking it would be good to use on my backrest luggage rack for shorter runs. My dealer let me take it out to my bike to fit it. It looked like it was good quality and would strap down nicely but I wouldn't be able to open it fully without it hitting my backrest. That, and the price deterred me from making the purchase.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

I also picked this up for $99.00 for the solo trips, it fits a TON of stuff! http://www.roadreadybags.com/product...grackbags.html

Ultra Tour Bag

Touring motorcycle luggage for the road trip enthusiast, whether you ride a Harley, Honda or any other touring model.

Our Ultra Tour Luggage Bag will take care of
your storage needs.
Safe secure mounting
and lifetime warranty.
L20" x W11" x H20" 3.2cu. ft.
reg. $145.95
SALE $120.00 w/ FREE shipping

Old 02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
glide2meetu
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Tbag Dekker Supreme and love it! Comes with removable inserts so I can carry alot with soft sides or a little less with harder sides.
http://www.tbags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=2&selectedcat=3

Old 02-17-2010, 02:18 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by glide2meetu
I have the Tbag Dekker Supreme and love it! Comes with removable inserts so I can carry alot with soft sides or a little less with harder sides.
http://www.tbags.com/Detail.aspx?ID=2&selectedcat=3
$230.00....WOW!

Does it have handles that make it easily removed from the bike to hotel?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:47 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I think I am going for the rigid Kuryakyn Classic Tour Bag because besides being a rack bag it also functions as a seat bag and a sissybar bag. That way I can still use it when I want to ride without the tour-pak or when I want a back rest.

http://motorcycle-luggage.com/Mercha...t_code=MLK4144

Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Navy Mustang
Road Master
Received 313 Likes on 121 Posts

I use this one on my rack and love it:
http://www.tbags.com/detail.aspx?ID=87&SelectedCat=9

Old 10-24-2012, 09:12 AM
dooz28
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Have had the H-D Premium Tour Pak Rack Bag for approximately 1.5 years and used it for a total of about 40 riding days on five different trips. Two cracks have appeared in the hard plastic inner liner, right where it would sit on the Tour Pak rack. This bag is supposed to have a two-year warranty, but the H-D customer service rep on the phone last night says there is only a warranty if you purchase it with a bike. (This is not true; check the item description on the H-D P&A website and the tags that come on the new luggage.) I'm taking it to my dealer today to see if they'll submit a warranty claim. If H-D honors their warranty, I'll be happy. If not, they'll be finding out about the power of word-of-mouth (and the Internet). In any event, my experience with their customer service rep was not satisfactory. If any company is going to make a big deal about their great warranties, they need to honor them on the other end.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

dooz, sounds like BS to me as well, let us know how it turns out.

So far my bag has been ok, haven't used it that frequently, just a few times a year. The only deficit I noticed was that in extremely heavy rain the rain cover did let water through. Not sure if that was a fluke due to it billowing in the wind but will keep an eye on it.

Quick Reply: HD Premium Tour Pack Rack Bag