Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart slip-ons...removable baffles, yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Ricoted911
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rinehart slip-ons...removable baffles, yes or no?

Hey All-

Does anyone know if the Rinehart Slip ons baffle is removable? I unbolted my endcap and loosened the front and still cannot get the baffle to budge. I would like the option of changing them to monsters down the road but am unsure if these pipes will allow it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Ted

Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM
odie-in-az
Tourer

Are you gonna run them straight?

Last edited by odie-in-az; 05-01-2009 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Wrong response
Old 05-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Diamondback
1st Gear

Yes, I have Rinehart slip ons and yes they will come out and are replaceable. Or in my case I added sound baffle material from Fuel Moto to quiet them down on my 09 SE Ultra.\\

Once the end caps are removed, you have to clamp on with Vise grips and move the baffle side to side up and down until the end of the baffle starts to move. It is a very snug fir when new and much tighter when the muffler is older. Deposits etc make it harder. Your don't even need to remove the muffler from the bike. In fact it works better if you don't/

Once out you can change the baffle or if you want it quieter wrap it with muffler baffle material.

Mine are significantly quieter with more of a low end rumble.

JKus keep moving from side to sied and up and down and all of the sudden it will break loose.

Good luck

Old 05-02-2009, 08:55 AM
cryan9
Road Captain

Yes they do come out. Take the screw that holds the baffle in and put it back in slightly from the inside. This will give you something to pull on. Use a wire coat hanger and make a loop on one end then twist the wire around to close the open end of the loop. then wrap the other end around either a slide hammer and you can wrap it around a steel rod. Prop the steel rod up on the ground. Then use a rubber mallet or hammer and hammer the rod away from the bike. This should pull your stock baffle out. Then yes you want the Thunder Monsters. I have heard them in Rhineharts and they are awesome. Loud and deep roar.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Ricoted911
Intermediate

Thanks a ton....I took the endcap off today and tried vise grips but they still didn't move. I will try hooking it and see if that works. There doesn't appear to have anything to hook to near the endcap, so I may drill through the outer hole into the baffle and hook it there. Thanks again and wish me luck, monster baffles here I come!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:15 PM
stryker968
Stage II
Question

Did you ever get those baffles out? What did you end up doing. I want to drill out the little holes in the baffles to see if I can deepen the sound some.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:08 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ricoted911
Thanks a ton....I took the endcap off today and tried vise grips but they still didn't move. I will try hooking it and see if that works. There doesn't appear to have anything to hook to near the endcap, so I may drill through the outer hole into the baffle and hook it there. Thanks again and wish me luck, monster baffles here I come!
i don't want to hijack your thread but........ i have the same set up as you and was wondering if you had any decell popping from your slipons and are you using the map from jamie ?or did you have to tweek the map any?

Old 05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Ricoted911
Intermediate

I won't be able to take the baffles out until tomorrow. As far as popping during decel. I haven't witnessed yet. I did get mine from Fuelmoto, but they are only a few hours away from me, so I am guessing your demographics could be the difference in the tune.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:55 PM
myfhfb06
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ricoted911
Did you ever end up installing Monster baffles? If so what part number did you get and how do you like them?

Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
gforceman2
Cruiser

Just did a RH baffle change (took it off bike) and had to shoot some WD40 in the end, let it sit an hr or so and then take vise grips and work it loose. It was a pain but it worked well!

Quick Reply: Rinehart slip-ons...removable baffles, yes or no?