Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide in Back of F-250?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 07:00 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Doggone it !. Takes a real man to play hard and stay on the safe side (Bike hauled up on/in the box safe/sound and prevent body injury if anything should happen).

I'd like to have something like this when I retire. Only thing I want to own is new 1 ton P/U Truck, the Biggest Travel Trailer I can find and Touring Bike. Another avenue would probably be a 5th Wheel Toy Hauler.

Ive got a 4 door colorado and a glide classic and a popup camper ?.... Im kinda screwed unless I can get the wife to pull the popup to out destination ..

Old 05-04-2009, 01:40 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ddwyer
Ok - so a shift in topic now. What about fitting the Street Glide in the back of a Dodge 2500 with the 6.2 ft. Bed? Will that work with the tailgate down, or is that too short to contain the rear of the bike?
YES YOU CAN. I have a Dodge half-ton shortbed (same as your's), and I've got an '08 SG that I've loaded in mine numerous times without a problem. As to getting both bikes in there, I seriously doubt it. You'd have an impossible time tying them down far enough apart to not damage any paint etc... You will have to leave your tailgate down, but the rear tire won't really rest on the tailgate, it sits right in the gap between the bed and tailgate, so 75% of the bike's weight sits on the bed, not the tailgate.

but I paid 300.00 for this ramp http://www.motorcycleramps.com/black_widow.htm a couple of years ago, and to me it's worth it's weight in gold. If you decide to get this, make sure it's the 9 footer so you don't bottom out.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure its all the way in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8vggli15no

Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
ddwyer
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
YES YOU CAN. I have a Dodge half-ton shortbed (same as your's), and I've got an '08 SG that I've loaded in mine numerous times without a problem. As to getting both bikes in there, I seriously doubt it. You'd have an impossible time tying them down far enough apart to not damage any paint etc... You will have to leave your tailgate down, but the rear tire won't really rest on the tailgate, it sits right in the gap between the bed and tailgate, so 75% of the bike's weight sits on the bed, not the tailgate.

but I paid 300.00 for this ramp http://www.motorcycleramps.com/black_widow.htm a couple of years ago, and to me it's worth it's weight in gold. If you decide to get this, make sure it's the 9 footer so you don't bottom out.
Do you have a picture of you glide in the back of your Dodge?