Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Profile Air Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low Profile Air Cleaner?

So in order to cure my spring fever I've emptying the wallet on the Street Glide (new helmet, adjustable backrest, floor board extensions, new windshield, etc, etc) so i think its a good time to go Stage 1. I'm pretty sold on Fuel Moto Stage1 with their air filter and dyno tuned Jackpot mufflers. One thing I dont like is the stock football air cleaner and how far it sticks out. My knee always seems to be resting on the stupid thing.

What options do I have for a low profile air filter cover that uses the SE backing plate and Fuel Moto air filter?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:14 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

I use the Smooth Chrome a/c cover (part#29153-07) with the chrome SE back plate
(#29510-05) and the SE air filter. Don't know if the Fuel Moto a/c will fit but probably does. This setup does not interfere with my leg.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:15 PM
cmcsns
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what I did; painted back plate wrinkle black, K&N filter & Joker Machine insert. Little over $100 all in.
Also just added a peice from the Heavy Breather kit (shield) to cover the plug going into the throtle body, another $20

Attached Thumbnails Low Profile Air Cleaner?-dsc02834.jpg  

Last edited by cmcsns; 04-30-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

cmcsns, is this the one you have? http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0 I'm not sure because this is $299, you said youve got $100 into yours. I really like the look but 3 bills for an air cleaner is kinda nuts.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:16 AM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
cmcsns, is this the one you have? http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0 I'm not sure because this is $299, you said youve got $100 into yours. I really like the look but 3 bills for an air cleaner is kinda nuts.
I think your saying alot of us on here are nut's then. Thanks bud

Old 05-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

For me I dont want to spend $300 on an air cleaner, but I spent over $20k on a motorcycle which is also nuts. Nothing personal man.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:10 PM
Ultra Custom
Cruiser

Harley davidson makes all types of air cleaner trim covers that fit 99 and later twin cam airfilter covers (football). They when installed on your filter would look like the Joker one thats what I did it looks real racey and gets rid of the football. The Harley trim covers run from around $25.00 on up.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:19 PM
DougM
Tourer

I just got an '09 Road Glide but traded in my Street Bob. Take a look at the Dyna section for a really cool, cheap mod. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ner-cover.html I did this on my Street Bob and used the Willie G. Skull cover over top of it. It looked really great; especially with the wrinkle black backplate.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New air cleaner

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
So in order to cure my spring fever I've emptying the wallet on the Street Glide (new helmet, adjustable backrest, floor board extensions, new windshield, etc, etc) so i think its a good time to go Stage 1. I'm pretty sold on Fuel Moto Stage1 with their air filter and dyno tuned Jackpot mufflers. One thing I dont like is the stock football air cleaner and how far it sticks out. My knee always seems to be resting on the stupid thing.

What options do I have for a low profile air filter cover that uses the SE backing plate and Fuel Moto air filter?
Check this out.....
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...l-is-gone.html

Old 05-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Thanks, I kind of like that air cleaner. And for around $183 form one of the 20% off dealers I can deal with that. But who all makes the small, round air cleaners?

Last edited by Lightngsvt2; 05-02-2009 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Low Profile Air Cleaner?