Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring saddles...WTF

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009 | 12:48 AM
Graywolf584
|
Cruiser
Default Touring saddles...WTF

I stopped by the dealer on Sunday and checked out a couple touring models...standard Road King and a Road glide. Now I've got fairly short legs ( 30" inseam ) and from reading the specs these bikes should have fit me fine. But they didn't. Seats are way too wide.
Both killer bikes btw except that they don't fit me right. Anybody else have the same problem?
Wayne

Old 04-28-2009 | 03:32 AM
Rafkin
Cruiser

I put SG rear shocks on mine, brought it down about 3/4 inch. Helped alot. You can also try a different seat. some guys are using the HD Reach seat and seem to like it. Shocks worked just fine for me.

Old 04-28-2009 | 05:45 AM
titomalu
Cruiser

you can order seats from corbin or mustang that are narrower and closer to the ground. you can also lower the bike.

Old 04-28-2009 | 05:51 AM
mduggan
Cruiser

I also have a 30 inch inseam and initially found my 08 Roadglide to be a little tall for me. I considered going to a lower seat, but over the last year I have become very comfortable on the stock setup. I can't flatfoot it with my knees bent like on the Dyna, but it sure does work good when we're out on the road gobbling up miles.

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:45 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member

Send the seat out to Mean City Cycles or someone else who modifies seats.

Get the nose of the seat narrowed down and most of the time, that gives you the additional reach to the ground you need to flat foot it.

Old 04-28-2009 | 07:27 AM
electra glide
Road Captain

I put a shallow sundowner seat on, like the street glide seat and lowered the rear 1 3/4 inches. It's great now, I was gonna lower the front, but for now don't seem to need to.

Old 04-28-2009 | 07:47 AM
poppa cooter
Tourer

Originally Posted by Graywolf584
I stopped by the dealer on Sunday and checked out a couple touring models...standard Road King and a Road glide. Now I've got fairly short legs ( 30" inseam ) and from reading the specs these bikes should have fit me fine. But they didn't. Seats are way too wide.
Both killer bikes btw except that they don't fit me right. Anybody else have the same problem?
Wayne
yep you are correct. the new frame is wider in the crotch area. i have a family member who has the same problem we shaved down the middle of his seat some and it helped a little but as you said that area is wider, he can straddle my 07 better ten his 09. man harley needs to get theyre stuff together. if you look at the edge of the seat in the crotch area you will see the plastic of the seat is very tight the only hope you have is to remove foam.

Old 04-28-2009 | 10:48 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

I have 29" inseam. Street Glide shocks with H-D reduced reach seat make a big difference. I could not ride anything taller personally.

Old 04-28-2009 | 10:58 AM
jamesw
Road Warrior

My wife had a really tough time with the wider frame and seat, and actually wound up falling in love with an '88 Heritage because the frame width was so much narrower and the seat height lower than the new ones.

At 5'9", I'm really thinking hard about the reach seat, but I don't want to be moved forward when in the riding position.

Old 04-28-2009 | 11:08 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

mustang makes a great seat real comfy -ride safe

Quick Reply: Touring saddles...WTF