Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Dragon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009 | 09:02 PM
pokeraddict
Cruiser

I rode it and the surrounding areas last September and enjoyed it so much that we made reservations again this year and will probably make it an annual event. We are delaying our trip this year until mid-October in hopes of seeing the fall colors.

Old 04-27-2009 | 09:07 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Egldr05
I personally didn't care for it. 2-up on a bagger it was more work than it was worth. The Cherahola Skyway and the other surrounding roads are much more suited to me.

Rick
+1 on the Cherohala Skyway, my wife and I did the Tennesee, Blue Ridge Parkway, thing a couple of years ago, and the Cheroala was our favorite.

Old 04-27-2009 | 10:15 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

I am going up to the area this week, taking the Autotrain from Fla to Va then running Skyline and BRP down to the Dragon area, Maggie Valley NC. Going to be hooking up with the Fla Crew from this forum, bout 20 of us as well as some Georgia members. Will ride the Dragon again and the whole area for a week. Expect to log 3-5 k miles up there. Anyone want to hook up up there check the Members meeting Members section.

Old 04-27-2009 | 10:31 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master

Originally Posted by foush56
I rode the "Dragon" today. It was a 500 mile round trip from my house. The place was about 90% sport bikes riding in their normal "moron" mode. I even helped get the bike off one rider who crossed into the other lane and into the ditch. The rider was ok but the bike was trashed. The scenery and roads are great, however the overall experience was vastly overrated! How did you like it?

FOUSH56
I was suppose to be riding it today too. Asked to take off last October and the boss said no... Texas legislature is in session and I'm an analyst...but my brother and the group I ride with did ride it today... maybe you saw them...2 Crossbones, a red Heritage femal rider, a silver goldwing, a maroon and gray electaglide, a sportster, a silver BMW, and a black springer...???

Old 04-27-2009 | 10:40 PM
skulley
Advanced

8 of us went last thursday, rode the dragon again, my brother went with us , his first time.....crotch rocket passed me and almost hit my handlebars so when we got to deals gap i already had it in my mind to just beat his a$$, i found his bike and waited.....and waited.....finally decided the little punk bit#h wasn't worth it...wish i would have had a rotor lock with me to lock up his front end and just leave. I don't have nothing against crotch rockets at all....it's the a hole that wants to kill himself or me or you that i can't stand.....anyway really good time rode all the roads and attended thunder in the valley in cherokee, 4 days and 1302 miles from my driveway to my driveway....Dragon, I agree way over rated, but everyone should ride it at least once....weekday and early morning...my 3rd time on there and was buzzed by the morons every time ......so i'm done with the dragon, been there done that got the patch, tee shirt and didn't go to jail over some punk........just my $0.02
P. S. the elite three tires handled really well on this trip, thanks again!

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:18 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

I haven't done it yet, but not sure if I want to do it on a dresser 2 up???

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:45 AM
capt_caveman
Road Captain

we're headed down to Maggie Valley in July. I'm not big on riding the twisties (too much work) but I'll ride it once just to say that I did. I prefer a nice lazy cruise with some sweeping turns and great scenery.

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:53 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Rode it a few times, solo and 2up...Nice road but there are many other that are nicer...Felt harrassed by Crotch rockets and sport cars....Rode my line at the marked speed limit, enjoyed what i could see of the scenery...Will probably do it again...During the week is a lot better than the weekend...The LEO's are watching it more and more...Did you look at all the plastic on the tree of shame....

Old 04-28-2009 | 06:55 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by mainshaft
I haven't done it yet, but not sure if I want to do it on a dresser 2 up???
Believe it or not i enjoyed it better 2 up...Bike stuck to the road better with a load...My wife enjoyed it too...

Old 04-28-2009 | 07:10 AM
Chicago 03 King
Tourer

To the O.P....if you went on the 26th it was the last day of Warrior-Fest. A few of the guys I ride with have Yami Warriors and they do a twice annual trek down there. He showed me the pictures and posted video's from his meet. Most of the guys brought 2 bikes and were beating up on R1s through 129. I'm not sticking up for the guys, just saying you did go during an "event" and may have better luck next time.

Quick Reply: The Dragon!