Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger vs Dresser

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
All the way back to the late 50's I've heard them called either dressers or baggers. My uncle had a Panhead he sometimes called a dresser, other times a bagger. Nowadays I probably hear them referred to as baggers more than dressers but there's really nothing "new school" about the term "bagger".
Well since you live on the wrong coast - that's why I probably never heard it.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 PM
cowboy1
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I call all bikes sleds when I like them...Nice sled Bro...as for dressers vs. baggers...it's like the old saying all poodles are dogs but all dogs aren't poodles...all dressers are baggers but all baggers aren't dressers. The Road King or street glide is a bagger but not a dresser. The Geezer glide is a dresser and a bagger...it's cold out and I'm freakin bored...

Old 04-28-2009, 02:38 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,813 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Originally Posted by HogFather
All through time we have referred to the big HDs as dressers with their hardbags and trunk. So now we enter a new age "New School", and they are referred to as "Baggers". So what has become of the Dresser?
Well, I still ride my Dresser

Old 04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First I unbagher..
then I undressher...
then I geezer glide
Final step...Wash up and rebagher!

Old 04-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiskers
The terms "Dresser" and "Bagger" are synonymous with women.

If they're young, pretty (heavily chromed) and worthy of showing off to your friends they are called "Dressers".

However, if they've been ridden hard over dirt roads (unwashed) and best kept in the basement (or garage) they are then referred to as "Baggers".
Then there are the few "double baggers". Not saying I've ever been with one, you know.

Old 04-28-2009, 03:13 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to call any bike with bags and a radio a "GeezerGlide" Now I'm 40 and riding a "Bagger" in a couple more years I may get a "Dresser" and if I live long enough I'll retire to a "Wing"...Hope this helps

Old 04-28-2009, 03:55 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
How cool is this!! If he is able to ride, maybe take him for a short ride around the neighborhood. This could possibly make his day. Not to mention an incredibly coool memory for you.
I hope that if I see 92 I can still stand, see, walk and pee all by myself.
I'm sure he has some fantastic stories. Enjoy your time with him!
You are correct. He knows I will pick him up and put him on the back and take him for as long or short of a ride as he wants, but he doesn't really want to.

He doesn't have a driver's liscence anymore, but he has an electric trike that he rides seven miles to my house when he wants to visit and have a drink.

You have no idea what kind of great stories he has. Grew up in the depression, joined the army air corps before the air force was in existance, switched to army infantry and served from day one till the end of WWII.

He is still in great shape for his age. Lives by himself and is mobile with his electric trike. He can be hard to deal with sometimes, but he has my respect and I will do whatever I can to honor him and make him comfortable for his remaining days here with us.

Dennis

Old 04-28-2009, 05:52 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dresser=Classic, Ultra. Bagger=anything else with hard bags.

HD for the first time now calls the Classic and Ultra Dressers in their catalogs.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigG2009FLHRC
Well since you live on the wrong coast - that's why I probably never heard it.
Ya'all needs to do some catchin' up - yer a livin' in the dark ages over there. Dresser your Bagger and ride on over to the wild, wild west. We'll show ya a good time and you'll be safe since we just recently tamed those pesky redskins and outlaws. We got indoor plumbing and everything. We even got a road that goes from here to there so ya'all won't get lost. My uncle rode his Panhead all the way over here on it from his home in Alabama where they got lot's of Dressers and Baggers.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:36 PM
cgsiluk
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people i know call there rk, eg and so on a bagger if they have customized the look and the engine to them: new pipes, cams, paint and so on. People that don't normal call there bike by name eg, rk,... Dresser is the ultra, which you can buy as is. Change it to suit you it becomes a bagger. That is how i see it.

Quick Reply: Bagger vs Dresser