Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Monster Ovals VS Tapered slip-on's

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another one for MO LOVE THE RUMBLE......

quote=Maldetete;4918193]Going to install slip-on's '09' FLHTCU, any opinion on which of the two is loudest? Read that ezriderpgh was going to install, how did it work out?[/quote]

Old 04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

+1 more! I absolutely LOVE my MOs! They are deep and throaty without being obnoxious...most of my club brother's don't like them because they all have Thunderheaders, but I like to be different...great slip ons!

Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM
RamDez
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my MO on my Ultra for a couple of k and they just keep getting deeper and deeper

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM
corcon
Advanced

Love my M.O. Great sound!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

The MOs are just the right sound for me. I can't believe some people think they are not loud. Yes, there are some more loud, but these MOs are loud enough.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
UltraTheo
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another vote for the Monsters. Love the looks and some of the best sounding pipes out there in my opinion.

Old 04-28-2009, 08:03 PM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
The tapered will be louder. both pipes are not excessively loud, they are both plugged baffle designs, the extra volume of the MOs give them deeper sound. The tapers will have a sharper sound.

Great description -- and I agree. I have friends with Ultras who have both. IMHO, the MO's give a fuller, deeper, throatier sound over the full spectrum of the sound scale. The tapered, while fully acceptable, are a bit more "intrusive" at speed. They have a bit more "bark" on hard acceleration, if that is what you are looking for. But in side by side comparison, most of us who ride with the two guys give the nod to the MO's.

Just one man's opinion....

Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Maldetete
Going to install slip-on's '09' FLHTCU, any opinion on which of the two is loudest?
Everyone loves their MOs. No doubt. But I think he wants a loud pipe. So the tapers are the go. Or even the Basic slip ons. They are crazy loud.

To me the MOs are too quiet, dont sound that much different from stock, just a bit deeper sound. This will prob get some comment but anyhow thats just me. The MOs give enhanced performance without being loud. If you want enhanced performance and to be loud then maybe they arent for you. I would buy the MOs if the missus was to decide that she was gonna be on the back for every ride I did, or if the neighbours were to start shooting at me every time I go to work at 5am...

Last edited by kingkingking; 04-28-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 PM
okieblue62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
The MOs are just the right sound for me. I can't believe some people think they are not loud. Yes, there are some more loud, but these MOs are loud enough.

Uh Oh Ozoneman went there with the pic, now I've got to post mine

Attached Thumbnails V&H Monster Ovals VS Tapered slip-on's-monster-ovals-left-rear.jpg  
Old 04-28-2009, 09:53 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I love my MO's.. They're a little louder with true duels and 204 cams, but not so loud that they bug me after a long days ride.

G-

Quick Reply: V&H Monster Ovals VS Tapered slip-on's