Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 ultra should I?, feeler

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't ride a new Ultra unless you are prepared to buy it, and definitely don't take the Mrs. I took her along, now I got two bikes.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:12 PM
freebrd
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raaze07
I had an '03 RKC, and I loved that bike (IMHO one of the best looking bikes in Harley's stable), but this '09 Ultra has that one beaten hands down. Handling is nothing short of phenomenal for a bike this size, riding two up is easier, plenty of power - I'm just lovin' life on this bike. Take one for a test ride - you're going to be amazed at what they've done since '03.

(by the way, I think the IDS came out in '08...)
Thanks for reply Raaze07. From what I read you're right about IDS coming out in 08. 07's had to add on. Think I'll take the advise. Going to the dealer tomorrow to test a Ultra or EGC. May end up doing the EGC because I don't really feel a need for 4 speakers, cb, and intercom. That blue and silver is nice. The black pearl or (charcoal gray) is my fav, but damn the cleaning. I'm getting lazy polishing the vivid black and chrome. I just wanna ride, heh..

Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Go for the Ultra. All the bells and whistles are worth your money including the tour pak, back rest and rear speakers which keeps my lady's back warm and dry when it comes to cold and rain, Nothing compared to my old RKC with wide open detachable backrest and luggage rack.

Now, I got the Flame Blue Pearl and Pewter Pearl...Go for it !. Nice looking color as I'm very pleased with my outcome in purchasing the bike. Nuttin' wrong the bike overall.

Good Luck,

Thorey

Old 04-27-2009, 12:47 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do it. I just put 1700 miles on my '09 Ultra over this past weekend and the thing never missed a beat and was totally awesome from start to finish. I love my bike.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't have an Ultra (yet) I have a RK, but relative to 09 do it. Also I highly recommend the ABS. Will never buy a bike with out.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by bksmoky
On a minor note I wished they put 90 degree valves stems to make it easier to frequently check tire pressure. Not much room for fat fingers!

Other than that---No Problems!
Same with my 07 EGC. When I put new tires on, I had them install 90 degree valve stems. Cost about $7 each. Couldn't be happier.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
ssw
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I was looking between a Heritage Softail and the 09 Ultra, I asked my wife, who would be riding with me, which one she preferred. She said "the one with the big seat in the back and the radio." What can I say, got to please the Mrs. :0)

Love mine. It was the obvious choice.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

notlost, you have one classic beauty and one ugly duckling hehe.

Freebrd, I went from an 07 RKC to a 09 UC, I liked the 07, the IDS made 6th much better, the ride was good, the heat was an issue but in Miami traffic its always an issue, even with the liquid/Fan cooled KLR 650.
The 09 UC is in a class by itself, the frame, tires, and gear changes are dead on. I promise you that if you test ride one you will buy one.

Originally Posted by notlost_nc
Don't ride a new Ultra unless you are prepared to buy it, and definitely don't take the Mrs. I took her along, now I got two bikes.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
WildBillHarley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just test rode a new Ultra and it was fantastic! They did have the lowering rear shocks on it which helped on the height if thats any help to you. My last ElectraGlide was a 86 Liberty and when I got on the 09 Glide it was taller. Rode one with the lowering shocks and it was a significant difference.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:04 PM
freebrd
Advanced

Sorry to be soo late, and thanks for all the replies. I ended up trading the 03 RK for an 07 EGC. I'm still in awe as I was skiddish of the 07's. Found one with only 3080 miles. Had to clean 'er up a little, but got it detailed and added a few items such as grips, luggage rack, etc, and just ready for general maintenance and some miles on the road. Ended up getting it on my deal, so happy so far. I couldn't quiet pay all for the 09 Ultra, so no finance helps me be at ease with the deal. Got around 400mi so far with some nice sunsets on the BRP, but hoping to get in around 2000 mi in the next few (long)weekends. Thanks again for all the input.

ride safe...going down hurts for longer than a little while...

Quick Reply: 09 ultra should I?, feeler