Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

glasses and windshields

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
twistedcherokee
Road Warrior
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

I wear contacts & saftey glasses that are dark tint. They cut alot of the wind down & are not thick.

Toby

Old 04-26-2009, 11:58 PM
mrjharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got sick and damn tired of wearing glasses, clip-on shades, etc., etc., so I plucked the money down on Lasik. Best thing I have done in a long time. Well worth the price.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got an appt in the morning at the Walmart Vision Center for the riding glasses that transition from clear to tinted (foam around the eye). They come with a 2 yr warranty so if anything happens to them (sit on them, step on them, etc etc) I just bring in what's left of them and they'll make me a new pair. Seems like a good deal so I'm going for them. I'll report back after I get them...

Old 04-27-2009, 02:18 AM
eskimoSG09
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have always rode with my contacts in. That way, most shades work fine. When the ride is done, out come the contacts, and on go the glasses. BTW, I always travel with 2-3 extra pairs of contacts (disposable), I learned that the hard way!

Old 04-27-2009, 05:16 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona
I've got an appt in the morning at the Walmart Vision Center for the riding glasses that transition from clear to tinted (foam around the eye). They come with a 2 yr warranty so if anything happens to them (sit on them, step on them, etc etc) I just bring in what's left of them and they'll make me a new pair. Seems like a good deal so I'm going for them. I'll report back after I get them...
My Rx riding glasses are from Walwart as well, not the transition type, but they are motorcycle glasses with the foam. I believe they were under 200 bucks for the whole thing, lens & Frame. They work great for me.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:52 AM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also got my glasses from Walmart. Called Liberty Sport frames with the darkest tint they have. Also have a pair of Transition Lenses that work great at night but not so great when you are heading into the sun.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a big fan of Wal-Mart but since there are quite a few of you who have their riding glasses and are happy with them I will check them out. And at around $200 that would probably be half the price at an eye care place.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:04 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Got a pair of 7 eye transition for my self I can see distance without my glasses so didn't opt for rx but got wife pair of Wiley X rx with transition and foam seal, she loves them and don't get crap in eyes and stops tearing.

Last edited by santajim; 04-27-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Bull_Duck
Tourer

Are the Wal-Mart glasses polarized or simply shaded?
For me its gotta be polarized. Big difference.

I've had transitions but they are not as good as polarized IMO.

I require progressive lenses - as in more than bifocal, each blending into the other. You can identify someone wearing progressive lenses by the tilt of their head. Holding eyes focused on a point, progressive lens wearers will tilt their head up to see near, tilt head down for far.

If WalMart was selling progressive polarized with good riding frames for $200, I would buy a pair. WHen you are at WalMart specking out your riding glasses, share this info with us to minimize the group pain of going to WalMart.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
baldeagle503
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 02RKC
Chuck,
I too have an 09 SG I replaced my stock shield with a Clearview 8" with recurve. The new shield works great for me and mama... I wear prescription glasses from the WalMart vision center. They're called Rec Specks, they have black plastic frames and have the rubber around the inside of the frame. I have the transition lenses in mine, they were about $200.00 but worth every penny. They do not fog up like the Wiley X ones that I had before. Hope this helps.

Doug
+1 for the rec specs. I wanted the wileyX lenses, but the rec specs were able to accomodate my bifocals... for about $250 less. The Rec specs are great!

Quick Reply: glasses and windshields