Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strangest thing I ever heard.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:31 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Feedsack
I feel used and abused. I should of been kissed too. It appears from reading this that this was going to be the outcome all along.
A complaining person a response and a happy ending. This individual who started this thread was setting us up to advertise this place in Alabama. He did a good job. Kudos to you.
I feel the same way, since he asked about a problem got it fixed and just said oh what great service and didn't give the answer to the wet sumping till asked, it was only about the great service.

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:25 PM
hd110
Intermediate

I'm lost for words about the advertising theory, I really am. I'm sorry some of you feel that way. Unfortunately, their really is no way to prove it. The whole point of me posting on here was to protect the reputation for me and my shop, and hopefully convince randy to trust us. I'm somewhat sadden by these accusations, but there’s nothing I can do about it.

I guess all I can say is I’m glad that Randy is happy, I was nervous that wasn’t possible. Plus what good what advertising do on HD Forums, I don’t sell parts on the internet, I don’t ship out headwork, and I wouldn’t recommend trailering your bike to some far away place to have it worked on. I’m sure their is someone more than competent in your area.

Last edited by hd110; 05-06-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2009 | 10:16 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain

Here is my question hd110... Did he ever pay you for the Back plate and ignition switch?

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:21 PM
hd110
Intermediate

Originally Posted by the4thgearkid
Here is my question hd110... Did he ever pay you for the Back plate and ignition switch?
Yes sir he did, The only thing he didnt pay for(we didnt expect him to or ask him to) was the additional labor of putting in the new camplate and oilpump.

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:32 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Whew....

That was a good read. I think.

Way to go "Kid".

This is like a Hollywood script. I do think the "Kid" is absolutely legit although bumping a thread where you aint selling something is new and...Unique? Way to go Kid!!

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:35 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hd110
Yes sir he did, The only thing he didnt pay for(we didnt expect him to or ask him to) was the additional labor of putting in the new camplate and oilpump.
fair enough... thanks.

Old 05-05-2009 | 10:50 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by hd110
I'm lost I'm lost for words about the advertising theory, I really am. I'm sorry some of you feel that way. Unfortunately, their really is no way to prove it. The whole point of me posting on here was to protect the reputation for me and my shop, and hopefully convince randy to trust us. I'm somewhat sadden by these accusations, but there’s nothing I can do about it.

I guess all I can say is I’m glad that Randy is happy, I was nervous that wasn’t possible. Plus what good what advertising do on HD Forums, I don’t sell parts on the internet, I don’t ship out headwork, and I wouldn’t recommend trailering your bike to some far away place to have it worked on. I’m sure their is someone more than competent in your area.
I think they were pulling your leg about it being a planned advertisement for your shop. If they weren't kidding they should have been.

I would feel confident in bringing my bikes to you for engine or trans issues anytime.

This thread was a great read; especially Heath's write up on the work done. I'm glad there was a happy ending.

Old 05-06-2009 | 06:12 PM
hd110
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BoomerBob
I think they were pulling your leg about it being a planned advertisement for your shop. If they weren't kidding they should have been.

I would feel confident in bringing my bikes to you for engine or trans issues anytime.

This thread was a great read; especially Heath's write up on the work done. I'm glad there was a happy ending.
Lol I didn't think of them kidding, I hope so. Thanks and I'm happy about the ending to.

Old 05-06-2009 | 10:06 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior

hd110 you did a fine job as i have said before in this thread....because you explained everything so even us those that dont wrench understood....I didnt think it was a advertising ploy but it worked out for you....as far as a competent wrench where we all live you are correct we probably do but most of them dont have the good rep that you have as of now....and yes if i needed a good build or some serious work i would trailer my bike to your door step...because you are a man of your word and you did everything you could to make sure the customer was taken care of. Kudos and job well done.....and like i said before if i am in your area i will stop and shack your hand.......

Old 05-06-2009 | 10:15 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

When I had my Sporty motor built I was living in AZ and I shipped it back to Chicago because I knew the shop and the wrench who would be building it. Competent guys are everywhere, people I trust my motor ( and in essence my life to ) are few and far between.

I do hope this helps you get some good work, cause if this had gone bad it sure would not have helped your shop's rep!

Quick Reply: Strangest thing I ever heard.