Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Make sure your aftermarket parts are insured!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good reminder on the insurance. I am going to re-check mine tommorrow.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
sugartastic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ride with 3-4 dudes, that i have know for years. i get nervous as hell with new riders in our group.

Old 04-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Extra Insurance is a MUST HAVE. Most companies cover 2-3K in add-ons with your basic policy. Any more than that, and you need to pay for it. Ihave an additional 5k on my bike, and 15K on the wifes (she has customized the hell out of it) I have ALL reciepts, plus I have a full listing that my insurance company has a copy of. The Listing is simply a print-out from the tracking program that I use (For Two Wheels Only) it allows me to tck what, when and WHO put on any part. Does alot more too..

As for the riding portion, Group rides are only as good as the person leading it. If they ride to the groups lowest ability, most do fine. Most rubber band effects are created by the lead rider. As a Lead, I utilize my Cruise control to keep my pace as steady as possible which in turn helps every other rider in the group. Staggard riding is a MUST in any group, be it 2 bikes, or 10 I absolutly refuse to ride side by side with anyone, including my best riding bud, or my wife. I know what thjey will do, but no one can predict what some cager or road condition will create.

Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
gabulldog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trailfndr, Tell me about the "For Two Wheels Only" deal, I am spending a lot of money on my bike right now and have $6500 in extra coverage but have been concerned about this very issue coming up if I ever had an accident/theft/etc. I KNOW it will be a fight with the insurance company but it would be nice to be prepaired. Thanks

Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I struck a conversation with a guy (a guest at a recent family function) and it came up that we both ride. Turns out he's like the grand pooh-bah of his local HOG chapter and a ride captain (you know - the guys with the gold shoulder braids). Anyhow, he couldn't understand why I didn't like group rides. Hell, I said, I ride to get AWAY from people.