Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 11:15 AM
hdbe
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mirrors

who likes the fairing mounted mirrors over the handlebar mounted mirrors and what are the (+/-) of them?

Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
rides99fatboy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like them with the chrome mirror backplates from HD that I just installed. I had my inner fairing painted to match the bike and the combination looks great. The other reason I like them is that I am able to mount my Zumo 550 using a 1" ball with a stud right on the clutch bracket using the hole for the stem mounted mirror. Less noticeable than the switch cover mount that comes with the Garmin/Ram package.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:52 PM
oldazgrouch
Novice

I wish I hadn't put them on. My arms cover half the mirror and I have to move them to get a good look behind me. I'm thinking of switching to the Kuryakyn Blind Spot Turn Signal mirrors. They extend out farther from the fairing. If I didn't already have the holes in my inner fairing I would go with the Kuryakyn windshield mounted mirrors.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Prefer bar mounted vs inner.

I just put on a painted inner fairing and I decided to go with handle bar mounted mirrors vs the fairing mounted ones and I'm much happier this way. I have better vision with the bar mounted ones, I think it just looks better and with the painted inner, the inner looks much cleaner without the mirrors. I think it's a no contest for the bar mounted over the fairing mounted. If you don't have the hole, go the bar mounted first and if you don't like it, then you can always drill. Once drilled, your pretty much committed.

Attached Thumbnails mirrors-sgfairing1.jpg   mirrors-sgfairing2.jpg   mirrors-sgfairing3.jpg  

Last edited by harleybill2008; 04-28-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:03 PM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had the fairing mounts for a couple of years, and I like the look, and they work well for me.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:51 AM
hdbe
Road Master

Originally Posted by rides99fatboy
I like them with the chrome mirror backplates from HD that I just installed. I had my inner fairing painted to match the bike and the combination looks great. The other reason I like them is that I am able to mount my Zumo 550 using a 1" ball with a stud right on the clutch bracket using the hole for the stem mounted mirror. Less noticeable than the switch cover mount that comes with the Garmin/Ram package.
hey rides...got any pics of that zumo installation...i like that idea....

Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 AM
hdbe
Road Master

Originally Posted by oldazgrouch
I wish I hadn't put them on. My arms cover half the mirror and I have to move them to get a good look behind me. I'm thinking of switching to the Kuryakyn Blind Spot Turn Signal mirrors. They extend out farther from the fairing. If I didn't already have the holes in my inner fairing I would go with the Kuryakyn windshield mounted mirrors.

ya gonna sell the fairing mounted mirors if you change?

Old 04-27-2009, 10:37 AM
hdbe
Road Master

double bump

Old 04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a set of fairing Mirrors and a 09 fairing if your interested.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:17 AM
maxflhx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I moved mine out about 1/2 inch from stock and put small blind spot mirrors on them, they work good now. Before I could only see my elbows.

Quick Reply: mirrors