Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed the hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:43 PM
bambamblazer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just installed the hogtunes

Well today i decided to run to town and pick up a set of hogtunes speakers from a shop that has been stocking them. I came home and decided to go ahaed and install them since the wife was still at work and wouldnt be home for a while.

I put them in, closed everything up and turned on the stereo. THEN IT HAPPENED!!! I realized THESE THINGS ROCK!!!!! The wife even commented on how much better and louder they sounded.

I have to say thanks Pez for providing us with a quality product!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:06 PM
hotshot
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey BamBam,

I have a set that I'm gonna install in my scooter. I can't wait to hear them. I'll probably get them in the bike this next week. I'm gonna do several things while I have the front of the batwing unbuttoned..... so I'm waiting on a couple more items to arrive.... and some rain to start so I won't feel bad about not riding and spend the time working on the bike.

Glad to hear you are happy, I hope I'm half as happy as you sound.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
missile
Tourer

Did you do the pod if not it will be the same WOW when you put it on. I told my wife tonight that it was bad that my bike now has a better sounding stereo than my truck. (I got that look)

Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Did you add the amp too or just the speakers? I've bee wondering how much better the speakers are with and without the amp.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:59 PM
brnew
Tourer

Originally Posted by missile
Did you do the pod if not it will be the same WOW when you put it on. I told my wife tonight that it was bad that my bike now has a better sounding stereo than my truck. (I got that look)
Hey missle, did you install amp also or just the pod?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM
missile
Tourer

I just installed the new hybrid magnet speakers and tweeter pod no amp. I was going to put the amp but after I heard my friend's bike I decided to save the money for now to add other things. Last night I figured out to turn the bass down to about 2-3 bars and treble shy of all the way by 2-3 bars If you get any louder I dont see how you could stand to ride with it I have a lot of hearing loss and only running a 6" windshield.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:14 PM
brnew
Tourer

Thanks ,I have the original Hogtune speakers, i'll save some money and just get the tweeter pod. Sounds as though I'll be happy.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 PM
RIDEIRISH
Tourer

Funny seeing this post. I just threw mine in today too....What a difference. Allot cleaner sound and pretty loud. I have a stock HK, no amp...I'm very pleased with the difference. Very good "bang for the buck" mod if you ask me. With 80* temps this weekend, should be able to road test 'em pretty good too.....

Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
digz`
Tourer

I did just speakers on my SG and was thinking of the tweeter pod ...... you guys really like the tweeter pod ?

Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Ditto. I just picked up my Hogtunes fairing speakers, tweeter pod and lower kit with amp. Waiting for my Flash 2 pass garage door opener and then it's time to pop the faring off.

Quick Reply: Just installed the hogtunes