Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The repo man is working hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The repo man is working hard

I just got back from my dealership and the repo man was there dropping off 4 Street Glides from a trailer. From what I was told this is a common regular event there. They drop the bikes off at the dealership to get the things reset so they can start them. I guess they need new key fobs too. After the dealer gets them running again like from the factory, they pick them up to take to the auction. The guy told me that some people buy these bikes knowing they can't afford them and then just ride them for a few months before the repo man comes and gets them. I wonder what they get for these bikes at the auction?

Old 04-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Pine Tree

Received 1,964 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
...The guy told me that some people buy these bikes knowing they can't afford them and then just ride them for a few months before the repo man comes and gets them....
Same for cars, boats, homes, well, you get the idea.

I work for a financial firm and we see that all too often...plain and simple it's fraud.

Then others complain that they are getting raked over the coals with respect to high interest rates and fees...if they can get credit at all.

But not to worry...with what the current White House administration has planned, credit problems will take on an entirely new look.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Sean Dempsey
Cruiser

When my dad died, he had a loan on his truck. Well, I couldnt make the payments on it, so we let it get repo'd/auctioned.

It auctioned for 8000 less than what we owed. So Chrysler Financial made us (my dads left over estate) pay the deficiency.

How can people buy things and let them get repo'd and auctioned, and then not be responsible for the deficiency when they auction for less than what is owed?????

Old 04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
gary_montague
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When they have nothing to take.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Maybe they are responsible for the difference, but if they don't have any money that they can take from them, I guess they get away with it.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 662 Likes on 412 Posts

Lending money to people who can't pay it back is the reason Harley's financial division is in trouble.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Maybe they are responsible for the difference, but if they don't have any money that they can take from them, I guess they get away with it.
They can't "take" anything..but can put a lien against you so when you do sell your house they get thiers first. Your wages can't be garnished except for taxes or other tax debts...anyway, thats how I understand it.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member

I used to be a Repo Man, one of the best jobs I've had. It was a blast.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:02 PM
busch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Geoff
Lending money to people who can't pay it back is the reason Harley's financial division is in trouble.
And alot of Mortgage company's an Banks

Old 04-23-2009, 08:17 PM
BigJess510
Cruiser

Everyone that get something Repo'd or Foreclosed on didn't go in the situation knowing that it wouldn't work out. Some times bad **** happens to good people.

Quick Reply: The repo man is working hard