Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The repo man is working hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:46 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Marblemania
Seems funny that his insurance didn't cover the loan. Most insurance policies have death clauses to cover the note don't they?

that can be purchased on the loan but I didnt think it had anything to do with regular insurance.. ?????? Matter of fact when I died (massive heart attack) and they brought me back but didnt even know if i was gonna make it my wife and the oldest step daughter talked about her taking over my truck as Sue couldnt handle everything . I didnt have the insurance on the loan to pay it off if i passed away..

Last edited by n8dc; 04-24-2009 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 AM
ffdharley3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean Dempsey
How can people buy things and let them get repo'd and auctioned, and then not be responsible for the deficiency when they auction for less than what is owed?????
Don't you remember, the messiah picks up the tab depending on "If the man had his boot across your neck."

Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Bikerdad61
Tourer

Originally Posted by n8dc
that can be purchased on the loan but I didnt think it had anything to do with regular insurance.. ?????? Matter of fact when I died (massive heart attack) and they brought me back but didnt even know if i was gonna make it my wife and the oldest step daughter talked about her taking over my truck as Sue couldnt handle everything . I didnt have the insurance on the loan to pay it off if i passed away..
That type of insurance is called Credit Life and Disability insurance. It's offered on most all loans but it costs you more per month on your payment. Just another way for the insurance companies to make money. If a person has life insurance you don't need this. Everyone situation is different.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buy a bike,boat,car or whatever knowing that it is going to be repoe'd??
How fing stupid is that!
Sorry guys but I have worked too hard to earn and maintain a good credit score. Remember several times when Ramen noodles were dinner so that the payments could be made.
Tough times we live in.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:43 AM
FLHP1034ME
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago, had a 1996 FLSTF. 5 year loan. I had some very difficult times over those years. I always made my payment. I lived in fear of getting repo'd. I (somehow) managed to make the payments. 2 months after it was paid off, I sold it. Had to. Really had no choice. The day the new owner rode it away.....sucked. That was 2001. Swore I would never do that again. Things have changed. Took 7 years. Walked in and purchased a "used " 07 Cop Road King with 2000 miles on it. Paid cash. The repo man can look someplace else. I am not going down that road. For those people that find themselves in tough situations beyond their control...I sympathize. Been there, done that. Not wearing the t-shirt. For those that are playing games.....good luck.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Glideslider
1st Gear

I started reading this thread and straightaway thought the same thing as Our07Ultra. Why on Gods green earth would you walk into a dealership with the sole thought of defaulting on the loan? I too have worked hard all my life trying to maintain good credit. Heck I was one of those lucky folk that got 48 months no interest on my '09 Dodge Ram. But seriously when the salesman at the Dodge dealership showed me the credit screen, my girlfriend nearly fainted at my credit score. She couldn't believe I was so much higher than her score. My name had the only green arrow pointing up, and showed an A+ for the approval. All the other names had either yellow or red arrows and c, d or f ratings. Not tooting my own own horn, but to default on purpose is not only stupid but costly later when applying for a different loan. It just raises your interest rate up, if you can even get another loan. And for what a few months/days even of riding a Harley. No way. Sorry. Can't see it. Not to mention how embarrassed I'd be if a Repo guy pulled up in front of my house. If I knew I was going to get repo'd I'd of just riden the bike to the dealership and said here ya go.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:32 AM
gabulldog
Tourer

As to the question about how much these bikes bring at auction, the ones I've been to it totally depends on how many guys show up to buy, sometimes they bring close to retail and sometimes they go cheap. It seems that today not as many guys have cash to buy 2 or 3 bikes to try to re-sell, so that said if you have some cash its a great time to go to auctions and buy. I bought a nice 03 Ultra for $6K a few months ago. I'm sure some guy was left with $6K+ left on a loan balance somewhere. Kinda sucks if you are really trying and lose your bike due to this suckie economy that we are living with/in.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Peculierboy
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As to buying a repo'd bike....I'll pass. Growing up, my Dad's business was next door to a large repo company. The total abuse heaped on some of these vehicles was amazing. Maybe you get lucky and get a clean one from someone who fell on hard times, but maybe you get one from some luser expecting to default after riding for a summer. Imagine the 'care' they would give something they know they won't be having to care for at all....I'll pass, and pay cash for things like playtoys. My good credit is hard earned....

Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
ArgyleRider
Tourer

I know of a couple who have every toy imaginable. Harley, boat, RV, jet skis, Jeep. She is a waitress and he is a maintenance guy for the school district. They have 3 kids. I've known them for years. When they want something, they buy it. She has rolled over car loans to trade up. Then they refi the house to pay off the vehicle loans. Nice people, hard working, but this is in the So. Calif area and living here isn't cheap. They just don't think that far ahead.
I think there are a lot of people like them. But one small downturn, and everything they own could be gone.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:02 AM
mattsnever
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Yatez004
Well we started a new program at the dealership i work at, like the Huyandi (spelling?), if for some reason you fall into tough times, then well buy the bike back. The problem with this is, we saw last year, alot of people buy bikes around this time (April - May), and they dont make a single payment on the motorcycle, and they ride the whole season before Harley comes gets it. Harley usually sends people out after like 4-6 late payments. We have this new program, and are seeing it already potentially being abused...
Harley sent the repo man out for a $10 late fee.... i was late once in the last 2 years.

Quick Reply: The repo man is working hard