Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The repo man is working hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:22 PM
busch
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigJess510
Everyone that get something Repo'd or Foreclosed on didn't go in the situation knowing that it wouldn't work out. Some times bad **** happens to good people.
You are so right bad shzt happens to good people very day

Old 04-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Yatez004
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we started a new program at the dealership i work at, like the Huyandi (spelling?), if for some reason you fall into tough times, then well buy the bike back. The problem with this is, we saw last year, alot of people buy bikes around this time (April - May), and they dont make a single payment on the motorcycle, and they ride the whole season before Harley comes gets it. Harley usually sends people out after like 4-6 late payments. We have this new program, and are seeing it already potentially being abused...

Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
RexBuck
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Geoff
Lending money to people who can't pay it back is the reason Harley's financial division is in trouble.
Defaults are certainly a part of any financial company's headaches in today's world.

The bigger problem most if not all companies face is the ability to raise debt which in HDFS's case, they need to fund their bike loans. They used to bundle these loans up and sell them to investors - can't do that now. If you have not noticed, corporate interest rates have gone sky-high and the availability of capital has all but dried up. So, they have to hold the finance contracts on their balance sheet and take on more debt in HDFS to fund them - that's why they tapped Warren Buffett and another investor for some loans. At least they are able to provide some financing and keep new bike sales going.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone that get something Repo'd or Foreclosed on didn't go in the situation knowing that it wouldn't work out. Some times bad **** happens to good people.
My point was that some of these guys *DO* go in to the situation knowing that they won't be able to make the payments and only do it to have a bike to ride for a few months. Yes, some good people fall on hard times, but I can't agree with you that *Everyone* that gets repoed had good intentions and are "good people".

Old 04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by maxcustody
i used to be a repo man, one of the best jobs i've had. It was a blast.
duh???

Old 04-23-2009, 09:24 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Sad times....

Old 04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Marblemania
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sean Dempsey
When my dad died, he had a loan on his truck. Well, I couldnt make the payments on it, so we let it get repo'd/auctioned.

It auctioned for 8000 less than what we owed. So Chrysler Financial made us (my dads left over estate) pay the deficiency.

How can people buy things and let them get repo'd and auctioned, and then not be responsible for the deficiency when they auction for less than what is owed?????
Seems funny that his insurance didn't cover the loan. Most insurance policies have death clauses to cover the note don't they?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:37 PM
the4thgearkid
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by busch
You are so right bad shzt happens to good people very day
I agree.
But I have been listening to financial shows and people actually call and ask///
I cant pay for my house....
so, I am gonna loose it...
Is now a good time to buy a car?

There thinking is, after that house gets taken away they wont be able to get a car... so get the car now... the start of trouble.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:31 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Harley credit is doing it to themselfs, same as the rest of the lenders in this country. When I bought the Classic, they approved me for $52,000. I mean come on. That would've been what? $900 a month. The salesman was trying to get me to put EVERYTHING they had on that bike, and gear up on motorclothes. Just stupid.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:43 AM
Lifelong Biker
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I totally agree, with this bad economy I have personally seen a few friends down on their luck, good hard working people!

Quick Reply: The repo man is working hard