Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some tunes for RKC

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:30 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some tunes for RKC

Since I'm on a mission to convert my RKC into an Ultra wanna be...I'd might well ad some tunes to go.

This is last on my needs list, so I decided to go cheap.I would like to find something used for about 200-250 max.
Someone is offering a 2 wheel tunes kit for a reasonable price.

I would like to use either an Ipod or satellite radio.

Some options so far:

Hogtunes for about 275.00
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/...b54e7dbc_o.jpg

Any opinions are welcomed.

Thanks

Last edited by Anthony8858; 04-23-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:07 AM
Point Man
Cruiser

I have the Hogtunes in my bike and added the 2 Wheel Tunes to the GF's bike. The 2 wheel tunes set up is very loud and has good quality sound for small speakers. It's easy to install, too. Good setup for the money.

My Hogtunes setup sounds great but the CD's tend to skip alot; that Sony unit is temperemental when it comes to CD's...others have said the same.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 AM
ELECTRICMONKEY
Cruiser

Pointman can you show us some pics of the 2 wheels tunes and how is it on the highway with no windsheild? how fast can you go and still hear it?

Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 PM
lockshop
Tourer

I went the speakers in the lowers connected to my Ipod. Total cost $278.00 plus the lowers.

I haven't done the install yet waiting for the amp. I wanted to go with Arc just didn't want to spend the $$$.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:42 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got a Zippo lighter sized radio that I got from Dollar Tree for well, a dollar...and a pair of 14 buck Marshmallow of some sort earbuds from Wally World. Works for me, fits in my jacket pocket and doesn't look like socks on a rooster like some of the aftermarket stereos that people bolt to their bikes do.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:54 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

J&M you can go with the amplified speakers and just hook up xm or ipod, a little more money but blows all the others away JMHO nice easy clean install

Old 04-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain

TWO WHEEL TUNES SUCK!

Their speakers just won't handle any kind of bass load. Yeah, they'er smaller and sorta inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

I installed (after wasting $$$ on the Two wheel crap, I mean, TUNES) the Rumble Road system. Follow this thread for the complete scoop:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ing-tunes.html

I'm happy that others have found satisfaction with the T. W. T. set-up, but I advise you get something a little more robust....

Last edited by Roadking Cal; 04-23-2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: To fix my punctuation, thus having the post MAKE SENSE!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

Originally Posted by Roadking Cal
TWO WHEEL TUNES SUCK!

Their speakers just won't handle any kind of bass load. Yeah, they'er smaller and sorta inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

I installed (after wasting $$$ on the Two wheel crap, I mean, TUNES, the Rumble Road system. Follow this thread for the complete scoop:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ing-tunes.html

I'm happy that others have found satisfaction with the T. W. T. set-up, but I advise you get something a little more robust....
Are you saying that Rumbles are better?
Sorry I didn't understand your post.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Point Man
Cruiser
Default 2 wheel tunes setup- Nightster

Electric Monkey,

The right handlebar mount took a little finagling due to the bullet lights and throttle cable but made it work. Had to improvise and mount it to the Ipod bracket. It just wouldn't mount per the instructions on that side mainly because it bound up the throttle cable. Left side mounted fine.

The amplifier mounted on the bottom of the downtubes but I had to drill-out one of the holes in the mounting bracket on the amp, as it was off center a little.

I then ran the wires along with the other harnesses, under the tank and right to the fusebox.

Attached Thumbnails Need some tunes for RKC-100_0223.jpg   Need some tunes for RKC-100_0224.jpg   Need some tunes for RKC-100_0225.jpg  
Old 04-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Roadking Cal
Road Captain

"Are you saying that Rumbles are better?
Sorry I didn't understand your post."

Uhhh...I fixed it.

And, yes. In MY opinion, the Rumbles are a vastly superior system. At least I haven't had to replace the speakers several times, like I had to with the TWT stuff...

Quick Reply: Need some tunes for RKC