Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright ass lites !!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 04:38 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bright *** lites !!??

my GAWD!!! saw this product at HD dealer called bright *** lites. thought id chk out the site. 499 bucks???? for a lite??not in my budget. anyone seen a more affordable price on these?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BAL 1 is only $199. I bought this for My bike just before Daytona! To me you can't get a brighte or safer rear light for your money. I only wish they had it in smoke.

Now...the BAL 2 is for Public Safety agencies only and that costs $439. But that's not open for the general public to buy.
Ride Safe, Mike

I hope this helps.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:49 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

well i might could see 199. i agree u cant be bright enough

Old 04-23-2009, 04:57 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
The BAL 1 is only $199. I bought this for My bike just before Daytona! To me you can't get a brighte or safer rear light for your money. I only wish they had it in smoke.

Now...the BAL 2 is for Public Safety agencies only and that costs $439. But that's not open for the general public to buy.
Ride Safe, Mike

I hope this helps.
Yep. Got my BAL 1 at Palm Bay HD for $199 and works GREAT. Well worth it as far as I'm concerned and no need whatsoever to pay so much more for a LEO type BAL 2.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Check out Hyperlites instead. Much better value.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:50 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For my $0.02, there's a whole lot of difference between a complete taillight replacement with selectable operating modes versus a couple of auxiliary stick-ons to put someplace but then to each their own, "value" is indeed pretty subjective.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 AM
lschultz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I was looking at those bright *** lights yesterday looks pretty damn bright. My birthday is next month 20th and sons is the 3rd so I think we gonna get these lights for our birthdays. I agree its lots $$$ for a tail light but you get what you pay for. I see they are coming out with led's for the spot lights now thats where you need some improvement. I done changed the bulds on my spots which was a little improvement but I need more. There are so many dyfunctional idiots behind the wheel of a car today you need all the light you can get.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:13 AM
heavy K
Cruiser

I run silverstar bulbs, for twenty bucks a piece they are a steal. They're one notch short of airplane lights, more than bright enough. I also did the modification allowing the auxiliary lamps to run in conjunction with the high beam. When i replaced the auxiliary bulbs i used a higher wattage i think it went from 27 to 37 or thereabouts. This is one of the best and cost effective upgrades ive made on my bike. The stock lighting was very poor and now my lighting is fantastic.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:39 AM
gmurdock
Tourer

I bought mine from Seminole Harley when I bought my Street Glide with the 20% off deal. Love it & you can adjust the settings with a magnet that they give you with the light. I keep mine on some varition of blinking all the time. Want to get those cagers attention. I also went with the Running, Turn, Brake lights for my turn signals, & the run Brake for the one in the bottom fender.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:46 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RangeRat
For my $0.02, there's a whole lot of difference between a complete taillight replacement with selectable operating modes versus a couple of auxiliary stick-ons to put someplace but then to each their own, "value" is indeed pretty subjective.
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I forget that some people get married to their purchasing decisions.

I've seen the BAL and the Hyperlites and I think the Hyperlites are brighter and more versatile. For under a hundred bucks, you can get a three-way setup (run/brake/turn) with 32 hyperbrite LEDs that you can mount higher than the stock taillight and in cagers' line-of-sight (e.g., license plate or Tourpak). Don't get me wrong, I think the BAL is a great light, just overpriced.

Quick Reply: bright ass lites !!??