Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright ass lites !!??

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt read the whole thread, but Im wondering does anyone have the BAL-1 and the HD kit to use the rear turn signals as brakes lights? do they work together? And is the BAL-1 just a plug and play? I recently got rear ended in my car by a lady who just wasnt paying attention so Im a bit more paranoid than normal right now.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 AM
BaldEagleou812
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have to say as long as ive been a member here dont singn in or chime in often... But on this point i will. I did my research and took the plunge on the 200.00 purchase, Have to say its an attention getter.Havent seen any Brighter...

Old 05-17-2009, 02:25 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate

I may be wrong I can't say about the 136 led light as I do not have personal exp with them. The 136 led tail light seems to be just that- a tail light, running light and brake ONLY ? As for the brightness ? I don't know ? The BAL has ADJUSTABLE PATTERNS for flashing the brake light - it is NOT just a replacement tail light- it is an UPGRADE.

What I CAN say is the BAL is DEFINITELY the BRIGHTEST tail light I have EVER seen !!! and I mean the $200 one, the other higher price version is probably like having a small sun on the back of your bike

Old 05-17-2009, 04:01 PM
shootdr
Cruiser

Got it at Brandon HD $199.00. Bal-1

Old 05-17-2009, 05:10 PM
lviguy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
Didnt read the whole thread, but Im wondering does anyone have the BAL-1 and the HD kit to use the rear turn signals as brakes lights? do they work together? And is the BAL-1 just a plug and play? I recently got rear ended in my car by a lady who just wasnt paying attention so Im a bit more paranoid than normal right now.
Yes they do work together. Had that setup on my bike for a couple of weeks, it worked perfectly. The BAL-1 is so bright however, I then removed the HD kit and went back to the amber turn signal lenses to highlight the turn signals.

The BAL-1 is as plug and play as it gets. It is the definition of plug and play! Replacing the HD light with the BAL-1 is as easy as changing the turn signal lenses (same screw driver). There is just no downside to the BAL-1, other than the price. And for me it is worth every dollar so no downside at all.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:15 PM
MattInFla
Road Master

Put a BAL-1 on the Road King last week. Simplest possible install, and it works very well.

I have mine in the Alert / Steady mode, and it seems to keep the cages back a bit further.

Matt

Old 05-17-2009, 05:23 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Is anyone running the BAL1 with led turn signals? Any issues running with a badlands load equalizer?
RR

Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 PM
LaneG
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Got and installed my BAL1 today. Wow, that light is nice. Another thanks to this forum!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:25 AM
LUBA
Cruiser

Originally Posted by reefrider
Is anyone running the BAL1 with led turn signals? Any issues running with a badlands load equalizer?
RR
I will be as soon as my BAL-3S comes in. I have CD leds on the turnsignals all around with the Badlands III plug-in.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:31 PM
chasd
Cruiser

I have had mine on my 09 road glide for 2 months. I can back most people off with two taps of the brakes even during the day. Have not done much night riding but will this summer and am confident I will be seen better than ever. From a safety persepctive it is the best $180 bucks I have spent. 200 MSRP at HD dealer minus 10% HOG discount with no shipping costs was the best deal I could find on one.

Quick Reply: bright ass lites !!??