Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright ass lites !!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Rick14221
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BAL also. Awesome

Old 04-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heavy K
I run silverstar bulbs, for twenty bucks a piece they are a steal. They're one notch short of airplane lights, more than bright enough. I also did the modification allowing the auxiliary lamps to run in conjunction with the high beam. When i replaced the auxiliary bulbs i used a higher wattage i think it went from 27 to 37 or thereabouts. This is one of the best and cost effective upgrades ive made on my bike. The stock lighting was very poor and now my lighting is fantastic.
How are the silverstar's in the rain? A buddy of mine has some on his truck and he says they're pretty poor when raining.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate

I also have the BAL-1 and not only is it a Bright *** light this light KICKS ***!!!

It definitely makes your presence known on the road, just as a tail light it is SUPER BRIGHT as a brake light this REALLY GETS ATTENTION!!! Just yesterday I was traveling down the road and had a semi start to get a little close for comfort, I gave the BAL a tap and he backed off AND stayed back, until he was able to get along side of me. The he couldn't get his window down fast enough LOL, he asked " is that a HD tailight??? that thing is bright and when you hit the brake it really got my attention" I told him it was a Bright *** light to which he said "yes it is but who makes it??? HD ??? " I told him " No it is made by a company called Bright *** Lights " and he is now ordering one for his Dyna LOL.
Ever feel like you were in "Who's on first?"

The ONLY problem I see with the Bright *** light is it can make you over confident with keeping the people behind you from hitting you. You STILL NEED to be WATCHING BEHIND YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Just because you have the super brake light from hell lol does not mean you won't be hit, but it SURE DOES HELP PREVENT IT.

OOPS I forgot, yeah at a price of $200 it is costly, BUT if it makes my trip safer make my presence known - it is PRICELESS.

Don't believe me? Just price your hospital bills and Harley Davidson repair bills from being hit - that is if you live....

Old 05-15-2009, 09:27 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

[quote=StreetGlideMedic;4902282] I only wish they had it in smoke.

[quote]They do.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:28 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
I only wish they had it in smoke.
They do. I also saw this light at a dealer and it blew me away. When I got home I fired off am email to Bright *** Lights asking about a smoke lens version. This is their reply:

Thank you for the inquiry. We only make a smoke Laydown style (H-D doesn't
make a smoke square back).
BAL-3 series is available by special order by phone right now. BAL-3S is a
smoke laydown, no tag light and a BAL-3ST is the smoke laydown with a tag
light. The S is for smoke, T for tag light if needed. This model will be
available on the web shortly (hopefully by end of the week) or you can order
by phone. There is a lead time on them right now until full production
starts. MSRP is $249.95.

Hope this answered your question. If not please respond back or give us a
call.

Sincerely,
BAL Technical Support
(386) 246-8737 Office
(866) 364-6690 Toll Free

Last edited by soos; 05-15-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 PM
JCS1
Intermediate

I have the BAL-1. The $200 is a small price to pay to be visible to the soccer moms and seniors that drive so carelessly around here.

-John

Old 05-16-2009, 01:40 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Word to - whoever it was. The "brake tap" setting (whatever it is that gives those incredible little DOT certified flashes) is fantastic when someone is riding your a$$...

Old 05-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Shrimp926
Cruiser

I am convinced. Just ordered the BAL-1. Has anyone heard when the passing lamps (new product) will be available? That mod really gets me excited.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:23 PM
ezrider327
Intermediate

Talking with one of my "local" HD dealers last week - "The NEW passing lights are available now BUT they are running a week behind on delivery "

Best bet would be to call Bright *** lights and find out what is REALLY going on. Google is your friend lol

Old 05-16-2009, 10:15 PM
LUBA
Cruiser

How does this light compare to the 136 led versions available from custom dynamics or radiantz? I am talking about the Bal-1 or the $200 civilian one. They all claim that they are the brightest.

Quick Reply: bright ass lites !!??