Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bright ass lites !!??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Towboater07
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Ride Time Technogolgy, I just purchased the tail light, a light bar, finder light and, tour pak lights for $368.00 incluiding shipping.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KopperTop
Check out Hyperlites instead. Much better value.
I did check the hyperlites. No where near as bright in the day or nighttime! I checked both. As we all know...we all have a fave! I'm just gonna stand by the BAL!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 852 Likes on 295 Posts

I have a BAL. Its plug and play. And does what is advertised with 2 year Warranty.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:36 PM
sharknu
Cruiser
Default BAL1 - very bright

Just bought one for my bike a couple of weeks ago. They are well worth it. Love it and so does my dad!
Here it is:

sharknu

Old 04-23-2009, 11:30 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default bright tail lights

I bought the LED SMOKED laydown for FLHX, from waltersworkshop.com . $99.95 No load equalizer needed. Bitchen tail light and bright as anything I've seen. PLUG and PLAY .....

Last edited by langhammx; 04-24-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the BAL-1 on my bike a few weeks ago. Plug and Play install, easy to program with the magnet provided. Oh, and BRIGHT!!!!

Purchased direct on-line. Good service.

Got a headlight modulator for the front and the BAL-1 for the rear, the only thing left to do now is to knock the cellphone out of the morons' hands.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:12 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Put a BAL1R on a couple days ago and wanted to gather "empirical evidence" about the brightness - Go to the "blog" page at http://www.johnscrip.com -- (it's the first entry on the newly-designed site).

There are photos...

There are issues gathering empirical evidence in this case - I have to do the tests again with more control and a reflectivity screen.

The BAL on the high setting was too bright to look directly into in the dark - However, it measured almost *exactly* the same number of foot-candles (160 if I recall) at 1'. The photos (using a fixed exposure and aperture for control), same thing. The BAL1 was very (VERY) obviously brighter, but it didn't translate to digital camera CCD's or analog light meters.

I plan on doing an indirect reflection test at some point soon...

But no doubt, the thing is freaking amazingly bright. No regrets on the $200 for that kind of luminosity.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:06 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

UPDATE:

Messed around a little more today - Very interesting lens on the beast that I didn't really make note of...

Up close, doesn't look so bright (such as to the car that's stopped behind you).

Far away (say, 50' or so - two or three car lengths) the thing is like a red aircraft light. Very nice. An interesting and unique use of "low-res" optics.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:09 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I concur John. The LEDs themselves are quite bright but not so bright individually to work nearly as well as the entire package does. Output of each LED is directionally focused by what seems to be an embedded reflector plus perhaps some lens effect due to package shape of the LEDs (and they are bright LEDs already) but the full effect is cumulative if the mounted collection of LEDs is constructed properly. The light emmited by each LED becomes additive once output from all LEDs in the cluster becomes columnated. It's the same principal of physics that SONAR and Phased-Array RADARs rely upon.

Last edited by RangeRat; 04-25-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:28 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gmurdock
I bought mine from Seminole Harley when I bought my Street Glide with the 20% off deal. Love it & you can adjust the settings with a magnet that they give you with the light. I keep mine on some varition of blinking all the time. Want to get those cagers attention. I also went with the Running, Turn, Brake lights for my turn signals, & the run Brake for the one in the bottom fender.
i saw these at seminole. didnt know they had em in stock since they have a sign on the damn thing that says "check out B A LITES at web site". i get the discount there too.

Quick Reply: bright ass lites !!??