Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just put on SE Touring Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:00 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 169 Likes on 123 Posts
Default Just put on SE Touring Mufflers

Always heard these was not much louder than stock mufflers. The pair I got is part no. 80491-07. They are the street legal set. I think they are plenty loud. I bought these used so they may be a little louder than when new. Do these usually get a little louder when used some? I tried to pull the baffles out to check the wrapping but could not get them out so I just bolted them on and fired it up. I had a pair of CycleShack's with the stainless steel packing on a 05 RoadKing and these Street Legal SE's are on my 07 ElectraGlide and sound much the same.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 558 Posts

Something doesn't seem right. Cycle shack are normally loud. The SE street legal mufflers I have heard sounded stock. I would look down through them and see if someone has modified them in some way. Perhaps they have drilled some holes in the baffles...

Old 04-22-2009, 09:10 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Mine have been getting mellower with age. They have a nice rumble that's not too loud and they bark when you get on the throttle. I'm very happy with mine.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:18 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 169 Likes on 123 Posts

The CycleShacks that I had was Packed with Stainless Steel, I also had a set of Pythons and the Cycleshacks was much quieter than the Pythons. I did inspect the baffles from the inlet as well as the outlet, dropped a penlight down in them and they did not show any signs of being modified, both baffles appeared to be identical.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:14 AM
meveratt
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My touring SE's are a bit louder and nicer sounding now than they were when new. Not harsh, just a nice rumble when idling, quiet on the highway. I have over 6000 miles on them now.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:29 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 23,894 Likes on 9,012 Posts

I have the SE Touring on my RG. The baffle can be replaced with a more open one. That may be what someone did with yours.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
herkdavis
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set of SE a couple of years ago and didn't seem much louder then stock.I took the baffles out and modified them.They were as loud as Reinharts I now have

Old 04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
PWFD
Road Master

I purchased the Screamin Eagle Slash Downs for my 08 EGC. I love the look of them and I think the sound is perfect. It is very true that they are "not" much louder than stock. But they are louder and do have that lower rumble I wanted. I think my bike sounds great! I had SuperTrapp SE's on my last EGC and I thought they were a touch too loud. As most of us say though. Sound is a very personal thing. For me, I wouldn't want anything other than the Screamin Ealges on my EGC.

Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 AM
onionfmr
Tourer

I had a set of those on my '07 Ultra, before I did a 103 build. I didn't have many miles on them, but I would say that they were just slightly louder than stock with 96".

Old 04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
dstockton
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My SE Touring Mufflers have "opened up" some since I installed them new. Had the same experience with my 06 Ultra, they get a little louder after being run awhile. I had about 40K on the 06 and they were still fairly quiet. If what you got are real loud, my guess is someone gutted them or drilled some holes. These things are supposed to stay street legal although on both my Sportster and Ultra, to my ear riding them they sound like they're on the edge of pushing the legal sound limits.

Quick Reply: Just put on SE Touring Mufflers