Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your opinion about the "look" of lower fairings on a RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009 | 11:20 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member

I like it and have done it a couple years ago now. They don't come off except to do mod's or maintenance on something.

Old 04-22-2009 | 11:27 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I didn't use to like them, but now I'm beginning to think they look pretty cool. And I like the idea of the protection in bad weather. But I didn't use to like windshields, saddlebags, fairings, etc.... The older I get, the more things change in the way I perceive different items. Guess it's part of the process. Back in the day when I was riding my old ironhead, I can remember seeing guys cruise by on a tourer all decked out, and I thought, why don't they just get a Cadillac? Any body else out there go through this metamorphosis?

Old 04-22-2009 | 11:33 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master

I am not even crazy about the look of them on my Ultra, but on a cold morning, or in the rain, there is nothing better! One of the younger guys at the HD shop wanted to sell me the quick disconnect kit, but since I tend to ride no matter what the weather I can't see myself taking them off.

I think you will be happy with them on!

Old 04-22-2009 | 12:09 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member

I like the look. My bike is black, so I put a black bar on it. I like the solid look. And the weather hasn't been real good here so they help. But I leave them on all year.

Old 04-22-2009 | 12:58 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I didn't use to like them, but now I'm beginning to think they look pretty cool. And I like the idea of the protection in bad weather. But I didn't use to like windshields, saddlebags, fairings, etc.... The older I get, the more things change in the way I perceive different items. Guess it's part of the process. Back in the day when I was riding my old ironhead, I can remember seeing guys cruise by on a tourer all decked out, and I thought, why don't they just get a Cadillac? Any body else out there go through this metamorphosis?
I made the change, although quicker than most. I grew out of my stripped down gotta go fast phase when I was about 26 (and 50 lbs lighter). Since then, comfort has been paramount. I like Dynas and Sportsters, but my heart (and butt, etc...) likes the RK.

Old 04-22-2009 | 02:25 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
Put me down for liking the look.....
Same here.
Originally Posted by bigskyhd
The older I get, the more things change in the way I perceive different items. Guess it's part of the process. Back in the day when I was riding my old ironhead, I can remember seeing guys cruise by on a tourer all decked out, and I thought, why don't they just get a Cadillac? Any body else out there go through this metamorphosis?
Yep. Bought my 1st H-D - 1995 Low Rider in 2001. I swore I'd never ride a geezer glide. Traded that bike 4 months later in on a 2001 RK, traded that in 2004 on a 2004 EGC & traded that in 2007 on a 2007 EGC. Can't see myself riding anything else for rest of my life.

Well, a trike when I can't hold 2 wheels up.

Brother was same way - Softail Standard - RK - EGC - now has a SG.

Last edited by Unome; 04-22-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 04-22-2009 | 02:28 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member

I wasn't sure until I passed a RK head on that had them and they looked great.

Beary

Old 04-22-2009 | 03:24 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

IMO Looks good!

Old 04-22-2009 | 03:25 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member

I added a set to mine and like them. Either getr vented or take them off when warm weather hits.

Old 04-22-2009 | 04:14 PM
SA315B
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ckgdrums
Like this....
Are those HD or after market?

Quick Reply: your opinion about the "look" of lower fairings on a RKC?