Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning TomTom users

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Your mistake

You mistake was "to much information", I would have never told them I put in on a bike. I would have just said it's broke !

I had a Tom Tom ONE for three years, worked great.

I just updated to a Garmin 750, got it at Sam's for $199.
Great unit, allows you to plan routes and save them.
You can download from the Harley-Davidsion route planner, google maps, and Garmin software.

I use a ram-mount and hardwired usb cable.

I carry a zip lock baggie for light rain but remove it for heavy raining.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:22 AM
chistech
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure the newer units have all gotten better over the years. The TomToms I'm referring to go back 4-5 years now. I can't speak for the newer ones. I just know that everyone with the Garmin units still have them. Mine is 8+ years old and still working. It has been dropped and banged around a lot. If anything goes a little haywire, I just drop it in it's cradle which is hooked up to my laptop. I just resync it up and refresh it. That is the plus of the PDA types. Garmin doesn't make the IQue anymore. When the roads change all I do is add the new roads to my SD card and plug it in. I also have a SD programmed with the local waters here off the NE coast and I use it in my boat.
Cruz: Thanks for your info on your unit and set up. I think I will go the same way for my bike. Everyone likes me to lead when we go riding and it's always up to me to plan the routes. Can you tell me more specifics on the mount and where you go it?