Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Carbon Fiber

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 AM
Pardner
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
No, they are not removable....I want them for wind protection, so for me their fine being on all the time.....
I love my ACC helmet, but the ear flaps didn't do it for me. I got them in the hopes that they'd reduce wind noise ... they didn't. I cut them off actually. On the other hand, the custom ear plugs I got from the ear doctors ($80) work great ... I love them. Wish I'd saved my $20 I payed for the flaps and applied it to the ear plugs.

Not trashing ACC, cause its a great helmet and I love mine, just thought I'd put in my .02 on the ear flaps maybe save someone a dime or two.

So, for those of you that will say ... "ear flaps work great for me" ... good for you ;-).

Old 04-22-2009, 11:49 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Your right, it's the extended half, not the polo........I'm old, what do you expect LOL....
I was just hoping you didn't send in a polo and they sent you back the 1/2. Old is just a state of mind

Old 04-22-2009, 12:24 PM
MIglide
Advanced

Originally Posted by liltrk
I think it was American Road on M59 in Waterford.
OK thanks

Old 04-22-2009, 01:29 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Pardner
I love my ACC helmet, but the ear flaps didn't do it for me. I got them in the hopes that they'd reduce wind noise ... they didn't. I cut them off actually. On the other hand, the custom ear plugs I got from the ear doctors ($80) work great ... I love them. Wish I'd saved my $20 I payed for the flaps and applied it to the ear plugs.

Not trashing ACC, cause its a great helmet and I love mine, just thought I'd put in my .02 on the ear flaps maybe save someone a dime or two.

So, for those of you that will say ... "ear flaps work great for me" ... good for you ;-).
I haven't rode with the helmet yet but I figure a little protection is better then nothing.

I have tried over 10 pair of different ear plugs and cannot find any that work well for me.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:33 PM
hangnman
Tourer

I made my own removable ear protectors for this helmet...Cut a piece of sheep skin in a triangle to fit the angle where the strap comes together and got some velcro from Home depot. Stick the sheep skin to the sticky side of the velcro and the hook side of the velcro sticks directly to the straps....easy on easy off

Last edited by hangnman; 04-22-2009 at 04:54 PM.