Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

8" Clearview shields the ticket

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Stretglyd08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 8" Clearview shields the ticket

I just installed a 8" Clearview recurve on my 08 streetglide, a very nie change. I had the stock, an then swithed to a 7" and still had a lot of helmet ,glasses buffeting. I installed the clearview and I get a nice amount of air but without the hard buffeting. I was alittle disppointed in the amountof curve on the shield, it doesn't look like alot at all but must do the trick. Very happy with the results.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:59 AM
DMcBiker
Cruiser

I just installed my 8 inch last night. I thought the same thing, this is suppose to have Recurve?? The curce is very small, but I’m glad it works.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I started with the short SG shield on my bike then went to the Klock Werks flkare, for 1 day, then to the 8" recurve. Works well on my bike also. If it was 1 inch taller or a little more recurve it would be perfect. If they made a taller Flare for our bikes, I would try it. I like the look but they are just a little too short. It caused too much buffeting on my bike

Old 04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Bigbender
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stretglyd08
I just installed a 8" Clearview recurve on my 08 streetglide, a very nie change. I had the stock, an then swithed to a 7" and still had a lot of helmet ,glasses buffeting. I installed the clearview and I get a nice amount of air but without the hard buffeting. I was a little disppointed in the amount of curve on the shield, it doesn't look like alot at all but must do the trick. Very happy with the results.
I tried a tinted 8" Clearview and it seemed to work ok but I didn't like the tint. Because of Clearview's long delivery time, I returned their shield and went with a clear 8" shield from Windvest. They had it to my door in four days (California to Pa.). Their "recurve" has more curve to it and it works great.

I have a 6" recurved Winvest shield (with small crack) in the for sale thread. It would look good on a Street Glide.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:16 PM
mnskip
Tourer

I don't know how tall you are or where you sight is ( over or through ) the sheild, but for me, I'm 5' 9'' and am looking just over the top edge of my 8'' clearview sheild and it works like a charm. The recurve cuts about 1.5" to 2" off the height you would otherwise need.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Eddy G
Road Master
Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbender
I tried a tinted 8" Clearview and it seemed to work ok but I didn't like the tint. Because of Clearview's long delivery time, I returned their shield and went with a clear 8" shield from Windvest. They had it to my door in four days (California to Pa.). Their "recurve" has more curve to it and it works great.

I have a 6" recurved Winvest shield (with small crack) in the for sale thread. It would look good on a Street Glide.
Do you have a web site for this? I looked and the only thing I found was on Cee Baileys site and that didn't have a "windvest" or a recurve that fit a Electra (street, ultra, standard,) Glide (unless your calling that huge flip thing a recurve).

Old 04-20-2009, 02:22 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I would like to see the different color shields that Windvest offers. I want to see the difference between smoke and dark smoke. I have the smoke Clearview 8" with recurve. I know the dark smoke with Clearview you can not see through it. I would like some more recurve in the Clearview and still look above it.

Old 04-20-2009, 02:59 PM
fatguyona1000
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Eddy G
Do you have a web site for this? I looked and the only thing I found was on Cee Baileys site and that didn't have a "windvest" or a recurve that fit a Electra (street, ultra, standard,) Glide (unless your calling that huge flip thing a recurve).
Windvest is a brand of motorcycle windshields. http://www.windvest.com/products/products.html

Old 04-20-2009, 04:03 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put on the 8" recurve and was a bit surprised at how little the curve is as well. I was quite pleased at sub highway speeds but got pretty windy when I hit the 60+ speeds. It was my first try out and I want to test a bit more before I make a final determination.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:06 PM
brihvac
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbender

If your 6" was tinted I would buy it in a second. I have a 8" Clearview tinted and its perfect. I would ,however, like to have a shorter shield. With the extra curve it will probly push the wind as good as the 8". Wish you were near the Philly area I would ask to borrow it to try the 6" compared to the 8" .I would hate to buy one and not like it.

Quick Reply: 8" Clearview shields the ticket