Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HD does a very good job of keeping info about new models under wrap. I could speculate about what I think may happen, but I don't know for sure.

What I can say is that if you want a bike for the summer, go ahead and get one now. The new models won't start showing up until Aug & Sept. Even then they will be in short supply, and if you want one of the first ones that show up, you will most likely pay a premium price. You probably won't get the color and options you want either, unless you're willing to wait until Oct or Nov, when the showrooms start filling up.

On the other hand, if you're willing to wait until the 2010 models are on the floor, you might be able to snag a pretty good deal on a leftover 09.

I bought my 09 at the very end of Sept last year. I was able to negotiate what I considered to be a good deal, and I had a trip planned for the middle of Oct, and didn't want to wait.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Here is were I am w/ the thought. Go buy the bike you want color not being the biggest issue. Start riding now get a good deal on it because they want to sell it (maybe...my dealer is selling 20+ a week) if 2010 are better they would just love for you to trade it for a 2010 and all you did is rented a bike for the summer, that may have cost you $1500.00 bucks...go for it don't be so shy. according to you sig you maybe 78 years old...we are not getting any younger there 1931jamesw.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:20 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Go read your other 2 posts on the same question!!! plenty of answers there. Or see a doctor for help

Old 04-20-2009, 12:44 PM
webbhead
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Its a $20,000.00 decision. For me thats a lot of money. Its only a six week longer wait for the 10's but its six weeks of the nicest weather of the year.
+1 here! it took me 8 months to decide!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Buyers remorse really sux! It's eating at you just thinking you may miss the boat on something new. That gnawing sensation of not knowing if your bike will make you 100% happy, and if you made the right choice......2009.......2010...........2009........ ..2010.........

Just the thought that maybe you paid too much, and as soon as you pick it up the same dealer offers $2000 off MSRP for all remaining 09's....... And just to add insult to injury, an 09 exactly like yours, same color/ABS, etc, is sitting waiting for prep, right next to where your bike was the day before

Everytime I think I could have done better, I go ride my bike. I don't think I could have ordered a bike, unless it was a limited edition, hi-po, one-off, one of a kind.

What you need to do is get off the forum, stay out of the dealers and just wait for your bike to show up. Unless, oh never mind it would just **** you off if I told you.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

For at least the last 5 years the new models arrive at the dealer in mid July.
I'd wait unless you really want a bike soon. Most dealers have tons of 09s that will still be available if the 2010 models don't appeal to you.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:15 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Thundercloud
This is at least the third thread you have started about this same problem you have trying to decide whether to get your 09 or wait for 2010.

Does your wife have to dress you in the morning???? Damn Dude, make a decision already!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thundercloud, I think he goes to the clothes forum and gets info, on whether to wear pink or yellow underwear, his wife probably left him cause he can't make up his mind and asks the same questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER

Old 04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 177 Posts

Take it as possible dealer propaganda but was told on Saturday that the 10's will be arriving later (September) than the new bikes typically do. I guess the thinking might be that perhaps the delay will help the dealers avoid last year's fiasco with having so many 08s when the 09s started arriving. Hate repeating it but if something makes sense it seems to become more believable.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:01 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Harley ABS is rubbish (lots has been written on this), dont base your decision on ABS, as there is a chance you will be dissapointed with it (depending on how you ride). If there is an 09 without ABS in the color you like at the right price then buy it.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kingkingking
Harley ABS is rubbish (lots has been written on this), dont base your decision on ABS, as there is a chance you will be dissapointed with it (depending on how you ride). If there is an 09 without ABS in the color you like at the right price then buy it.
Can you explain why you think abs is rubbish?

Quick Reply: 2010's