Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GPS Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009 | 05:45 PM
jroberts
5th Gear
Default GPS Mounts

Do any of the mounts you have actually attach to the fairing itself on a street glide? I'm just trying to see what all my options are. I have an 09 Street Glide.

Old 04-20-2009 | 09:47 PM
raines96+
Intermediate

+1 for RAM, I just leave the handlebar mount attached and when I want the GPS there its ready to go. Doesn't look bad either way and definitely less expensive than other methods.

The only way I have seen to mount it to the fairing is putting a mount where the windshield bag goes..

Old 04-20-2009 | 10:15 PM
jroberts
5th Gear

Which Ram model do you use?

Old 04-20-2009 | 10:42 PM
kanakattk
Novice

I have the Road King Classic with the short windshield. I ordered a mount and cradle from GPS city.com. I just removed and changed one of the windshield screws to a longer one, and mounted it to the windshield. So nothing is on my bars.

Old 04-30-2009 | 10:57 PM
Rain
Tourer
Default Mounting

Originally Posted by Neckball
Ram works, doesn't look too bad.

I just bought a refurb 2720 (haven't got it yet) and am looking at mounts. Using the RAM mounts assuming you use the powered cradle does the mount bolt to the bottom of the cradle or the back of it?

Old 05-01-2009 | 07:38 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kanakattk
I have the Road King Classic with the short windshield. I ordered a mount and cradle from GPS city.com. I just removed and changed one of the windshield screws to a longer one, and mounted it to the windshield. So nothing is on my bars.
+1 I did the same thing

Old 05-01-2009 | 08:26 AM
kupitz
Cruiser

Default Fuel Door Mount for sale

If anyone's interested, I have the Kuryakyn Fuel door mount for 2007 and earlier. Never out of the box, I went with a handlebar mount instead. $90 shipped anywhere CONUS.
PM me for pics.

Old 05-01-2009 | 09:22 AM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Got this on eBay for my Garmin nuvi 760.

Attached Thumbnails GPS Mounts-ram-mount.jpg   GPS Mounts-garmin-nuvi-760.jpg  
Old 05-01-2009 | 08:10 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master

I have the Road King Classic and I wanted a rig that I could easily put on and off since I often ride without the windshield and like the clean look of the bike.

The key was the Powerlet Plus handlebar socket, PKT 690 54C, $130. this way the power is always on the handlebar and I can remove the arm and cradle of the GPS.
I got the short power cable for my unit from them as well.
I also got the screw in 1" black ball from Powerlet to screw into the Powerlet because they usually have it and I can't find that part on the RAM site.
http://www.powerletproducts.com/prod...ts-gadgets/347

From RAM I got;
short chrome arm, RAM B 201ACHU, $42
I don't know the NUVI 765T. The 550 is a horizontal unit so I use the short arm, if the NUVI is more vertical you may need the long arm.
I also got a chrome 1" ball base for the back of the Garmin cradle, RAM B 238 CHU, $27. But you could use the black one that comes with the Garmin unit. I'm just addicted to chrome. The Garmin will also come with black arms you could use instead of chrome.
I also got a locking **** for the arm, RAM **** 3L, $23 so I won't worry about leaving the cradle on the bike when I stop to go into a diner. I pull the GPS and take it with me.

There's also a guy in Europe who makes a great replacement security screw for the Zumo. I don't know if it will work with the NUVI, you may have to wait until you have the unit or ask Marco who makes the screw.
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=1153.0
That link is for the Zumo Forums so you may need to join to access the page, no biggie.

You can see photos here;
http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k...Garmin%20ZUMO/

Old 05-02-2010 | 06:52 PM
kanakattk
Novice

Originally Posted by kanakattk
i used the stock ram mount

Quick Reply: GPS Mounts