Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**seasoned riders**

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009 | 09:48 PM
caspr2
Tourer

Tis the nice thing about M/Cs. You can wear whatever you want and for sure somebody will find fault with it.

Old 04-18-2009 | 09:53 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by poppa cooter
my wife says all my muscles are in my belly i don't get it =D
Same here. It's called:"The Harley Clause" Yur belly grows ..

Old 04-18-2009 | 10:42 PM
Rollon
Road Master

in case of an accident, they would be describe as "raw" riders....

Old 04-18-2009 | 11:08 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BEN-Z
Hi guys,
I just went riding today for almost 2 hrs., and I had so much fun, I also noticed this Harley group riding only with sleeveless shirts and I felt that I was too overdressed compared to them because I was wearing my leather jacket and my full face helmet while those riders were wearing those kind of shirts.
How good are these riders????
Is there really such thing as seasoned riders?
Thanks & have a safe ride!!
I always wear my gear although from time to time I have rode with just a Tshirt and skipped the jacket. I do get crap from time to time for always wearing my helmet. I always respond with either "I guess I like my head more than you or I am just smarter, you pick"

Old 04-19-2009 | 12:35 AM
my1sthog
Road Master

A friend of mine insisted I use his helmet before Calif had helmet laws. I used to ride everywhere without one. Then one day I had a blowout in the rear, with a passenger on the back. The bike fishtailed wildly until I was thrown over the handlebars.The next thing I knew my head was bouncing off the pavement. I was going 50 mph, so I know I hit pretty hard. Can you believe my buddy was pissed because I scratched the s*it out of his helmet.
I owed him a huge debt of gratitude, so I bought him a new one. Had we not crossed paths back then, the man upstairs is the only one who knows what would have happened to me.

Old 04-19-2009 | 02:21 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Since I started reading this forum I have completely changed my lifestyle. I now put safety ahead of everything else. I don't care if I never enjoy another single minute of my life, I just want to be safe. I will not leave my house even to walk to the mailbox without body armor, full leathers and a full face helmet. It is very uncomfortable cutting the grass like this but I have never been hurt, only tripped and fell down and could not get back up. My face shield got some grass stains on it but thank god not my face. It could have been so much worse. I will never ride a motorcycle again because it is too dangerous. When I want to feel some wind I put on my old Harley tee, do-rag, and fingerless gloves and stand in front of one of the air conditioning outlets inside my house. I wish I was dead.

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:20 AM
dailydriver
Road Captain

well I guess I'm guilty of cool over safe...If I'm at Laconia,Sturgis or Daytona places without a lid law the helmet will more than likely stay at the hotel...here at home in VA I wear a 3/4 DOT approved...as far as leathers go...If its cold I wear a jacket if its warm jeans and a t-shirt...if its hot I'll wear my kilt..real hot and I don't tuck my kilt....

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:45 AM
weezo
Tourer

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
Since I started reading this forum I have completely changed my lifestyle....When I want to feel some wind I put on my old Harley tee, do-rag, and fingerless gloves and stand in front of one of the air conditioning outlets inside my house.
You didn't mention whether you are wearing goggles in front of the air conditioning outlets...very dangerous if not...just concerned about your welfare...

Old 04-19-2009 | 08:59 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
Sure there are seasoned riders! Those are the riders with the experience to control their bikes, make good judgement calls while riding, help others while on the road, obey the rules of the road and just all around good people!

What you are is just a guy working his way towards that! Dont' worry about what other people wear. Ride with the knowledge that in case of an accident...you will not have all the road rash they might have...Your noodle with usually be in one piece...and have the piece of mind your chances of surviving an accident has increased over the other guys you saw!

Now...before all the freedoms, liberties, and self rights guys try to go and flame me...HEAR ME NOW! I'm a Medic and a Nurse with more trauma time on the road and in the ER than I care to mention. A well protected rider with correct PPE will always come out of the same comparable incident than an unprotected riders 100% of the time! Now mind you...some incidents are not always survivable...but those that are...your PPE will save your A$$ and SKIN everytime! I've picked up too many "my right to ride without My PPE" guys off the road dead, near dead or without an skin left to the bone!

Now...I'm not saying it's gonna happen...'cause only the "Big Ranger in the Sky" can predict that! Nothing better than having the open air over your uncapped head or letting the wind rush past your body! But, FACTS be FACTS!

Now...Please FLAME me as well as ya can! And I'll tell ya from experience, you're wrong!

Ride Safe, Mike
I am the biggest biker rights guy there is, but you are entitled to your views, from experience or education etc.....just so long as you dont force them on me or those who do not agree with you. There are many of us seasoned riders who have been in accidents seen fellow riders killed or maimed etc who still ride without a helmet or leathers....

I always wear my redwings, and kevlar lined jeans but no helmet whenever I can... I am not ready for Hockey Pads and goalie masks when riding, but if it makes someone feel safe go for it....

-----Let Those Who Ride DECIDE...........

Old 04-19-2009 | 09:12 AM
BadPiggy
Outstanding HDF Member

Why do people sweat this?
It's YOUR body...wear WTF YOU want to wear!
Why are you even remotely worried about taking the jabs that your buddies toss at you?
F em!

I don't wear the stuff..yes, I know I should.
I feel too confined in it.
If I wanted to be confined, I'd ride in a car.

It's not called "FREEDOM" for nothing.

Quick Reply: **seasoned riders**