Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have "Hogg Chopps" hard lowers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think clearing the support bar that helps holds up the Shark nose is the difference in the two.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:51 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Ugly Go with the HD lowers..

Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Buddy has the Hogg Chopps on his RK. He also has a Quadzilla fairing.
Said the other day he probably should have gone with the HDs.
They were 25% off at Chicago HD during the holidays.

Old 04-19-2009, 10:40 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are my Hogg Chopps. I love em. More air to the engine, more protection all the way to the fairing and ZERO wind in my face from underneath, a classic RG problem. Color mnatch was spot on and delivery time in less than 2 weeks. Hats off to Andy and to his CAD designed Hogg Chopps.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:33 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice post BigDaddy,

This is one photo angle I have yet to see and you did a nice job with these photos. What seat is that on your bike? I myself recently pulled the soft lowers off my bike and wound up with much more air in my face and am hoping the Hogg Chopps cuts that back down considerably.
-

Old 04-20-2009, 08:00 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Originally Posted by RODEO
Nice post BigDaddy,

This is one photo angle I have yet to see and you did a nice job with these photos. What seat is that on your bike? I myself recently pulled the soft lowers off my bike and wound up with much more air in my face and am hoping the Hogg Chopps cuts that back down considerably.
-
Thanks RODEO,
The seat is a Mustang solo and the passenger pillion is on in these pics and off in my sig. This is my fourth Mustang seat. The solo moves me back slightly and the Mustang Touring 1 piece will move you up and forward.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:41 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Default HoggChopps

Nice pix BigDaddyMike. Especially the one from the rear from the riders perspective. It does look to me like the HoggChopps do allow more air to pass into the engine for cooling as well as maybe being a little wider to give more protection to the rider. The only downside that I can see and that is minor, is that the HoggChopps don't appear to be as "finished out" from the backside as maybe the HD lowers are. The big upside is that they cost a lot less than HD lowers so in my book that is a good thing.
One last thing, are the HoggChops clear coated? My guess is that they are.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:48 AM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts
Default HoggChopps

Nice pix BigDaddyMike. Especially the one from the rear from the riders perspective. It does look to me like the HoggChopps do allow more air to pass into the engine for cooling as well as maybe being a little wider to give more protection to the rider. The only downside that I can see and that is minor, is that the HoggChopps don't appear to be as "finished out" from the backside as maybe the HD lowers are. The big upside is that they cost a lot less than HD lowers so in my book that is a good thing.
One last thing, are the HoggChops clear coated? My guess is that they are.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Sean Dempsey
Cruiser

Are Electra Glide and Road Glide lowers different enough to be incompatible?

Just curious for when I search ebay if I need FLTR specific lowers.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:01 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

Inside is black, nice and shiny, as far as clear coated, they use Harley paint and clear coats, either Dupont or House of Colors, I am not sure. They do not make a glove box for the FLTR lowers but make a nice one for the FLH lowers. That is the only thing that would make for a finished look from behind. They are additional for the boxes from HD which really drives the price up. Eventually I will put speakers in the lowers, so I didn't need glove boxes.

Quick Reply: Anyone have "Hogg Chopps" hard lowers?