Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detaching Tour Pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Everette
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detaching Tour Pak

I've decided that I want to put the tour pack detaching hardware on my 09 ultra classic. I know you need the kit 53246-09. What else do I need. Do I need more antenna's. Any advise or expertise will be greatly appreciated.

Everette

Old 04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
Everette
Club Member

Bump to the top. Need some help
Everette

Old 04-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

You need that 4-point docking kit for the bike. The detachable mount for the tourpack itself and a relocating mount for the antenna for when the pack is off. On my '05 EGC the antenna would mount just to the left of the license plate when the pack was off.

Your bike should be similar. With this 4-point kit you open up a whole new world of options for your bike. I had my tourpack OFF 90% of the time and used it only for longer road trips. I had a detachable sissy bar for the passenger too when I had one. Otherwise the bike was stripped down sort of like a Street Glide 90% of the time.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:01 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got a SG that I put the tour pak on, but I got the detachable hardware for it. I can't remember what the complete parts list is, but for me to put it on and take it off, I just need to detach the antenna wire, and pull the two "quick detach" tabs and it's off. you will need to get the antenna relocation kit for sure too.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Everette
Club Member

Thanks guys, I have already ordered a single seat. My wife does not ride at all so all my riding is all solo. I will check with the dealer on Monday to see what else I need.

Everette

Old 04-18-2009, 10:38 PM
hover
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Aside from the 4 point docking station and am/fm antenna relocation, I think there is a CB antenna relocation kit too now. I am thinking of doing this also. If anybody has done this to an 09 Ultra, chime in please. I'd like to know more about the way the 2 antennas relocate, and what the total cost was.

Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 AM
Everette
Club Member

I actually read somewhere else that there is a electronic antenna for am/fm that you can put under the faring. I'm going to check on this as well.
Everette

Old 04-19-2009, 05:22 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Does the detachable mount give you more passenger room?

Old 04-19-2009, 05:26 AM
2swild
Tourer
Default i got one

anybody who wants an antenna relocation kit, please pm me. I have one and only used a total of two parts from the whole kit. I had bought a tour pack for my sg and most of the parts I needed came with it.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 AM
pab
Tourer

Go with the powered am/fm antenea in the fairing. If you aren't using, and don't plan on using the cb, just don't relocate the cb antenea at all. Hide the cb antenea wire under the seat along with the am/fm antenea wire that you won't be using if you go with the powered unit under the fairing. I went with the powered unit & love it. Sorry, but I have no idea what brand it is. I bought it on one of those "open package table sales" at a local dealer. Because of this it was cheap (under $15), but it works great.

Quick Reply: Detaching Tour Pak