Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Payback it's a beotch

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009 | 07:12 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Dealers are so shrewd that sometimes they even "outsmart" themselves with the convoluted deals they come up with. Good for you! But I wouldn't chance ever going back to that same well again.

Last edited by RODEO; 04-18-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-18-2009 | 10:10 AM
Roadie09
Road Warrior

sometimes these dealers do not make any sense. When buying the RG, I went to the dealer nearest my home (40 miles) and tried to make a deal on the bike they have in stock. You know, the whole you are my local dealer I would like to work with you etc, etc. They would not budge on pricing. I drive 2 hours away, make a decent deal on the bike but they don't have it in stock and have to order it. I pick up the bike a week later and what do you know, they traded my local dealer for the bike I bought. So basically I made two four-hour trips to save $2000 off a bike my local dealer had. What idiots, when I showed up at the local dealer to pick up some items the sales guy noticed the ride and asked why I did not buy from him. I had to tell him I did not buy from him, but it was his bike

Old 04-18-2009 | 12:37 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Same story here. I walked into my closest local Dealer will full intentions of buying or ordering my bike from them. I had about $5 Grand in my pocket for the deposit and I told the salesman I was not in a hurry, so they could order the bike as necessary. Salesguy quoted me full boat list for not only the bike, but close to another grand for delivery and dealer prep and then quoted me full boat list for extended warranty too. Needless to say, they could get a printed sign to do that and why bother having a Salesman. So, not knowing this guy from Adam, I tossed his business card in their trash can and walked out the door. At the third dealer I visited, they quoted me right from the start a price that was actually lower then I was willing to pay. They then located a bike for me and less then 2 weeks later I was riding. Funny part is, I joined the HOG Chapter that rides from that first Dealership and the Salesguy rides with the Chapter too. I feel kind of bad now that I got to know him and he's a great guy etc. but we have not ever discussed my purchase. I think he recognizes that I shopped him but oh well. I gave them fair chance and first chance too. Still it's kind of awkward to think about. I'd like to think that it was the dealer who set the prices and not the sales guy's fault. Either that or this salesguy just didn't take me credible when I walked in on a Tuesday morning and that is an elementary mistake most new or unseasoned sales people make. That same dealership is now in process of changing owners and that deal will be concluded by June 1st.

Yet, I see guys buying bikes from them so either they changed their pricing habits or some guys just get hosed without knowing or caring. I'm sure there of plenty of guys who walk in and pay what is asked.

Last edited by RODEO; 04-18-2009 at 12:40 PM.