Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Void Harley Manufacturers Warranty??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite T-Shirt came from a computer component store, it simply says " i void warranties" . I think that about sums it up!

Old 04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
uweldit
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't have to cover any modified part of the bike. HD Warranty will not reimburse dealers for parts that they took off a customer's bike that were not warrantable.

This means the dealer eats the cost of the repair, and they ain't into that or they would be broke.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:11 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uweldit
They don't have to cover any modified part of the bike. HD Warranty will not reimburse dealers for parts that they took off a customer's bike that were not warrantable.

This means the dealer eats the cost of the repair, and they ain't into that or they would be broke.
They most certainly do, if they cannot prove that the modified part is the cause of the failure. Re-read that section of the M-M Act again. That is FEDERAL law.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:14 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

Originally Posted by Phurion
Tell them to look up the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act".

Specifically this:

They're just trying to scare you and make a buck off ya by selling you the SERT.
+1 this is absolutley true! Unless it is directly attrubuted to the system going down....you warranty is still in action! AND THAT IS A FEDERAL MANDATE!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Ride Safe and Don't buy the BS! Mike

Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Conehead
Road Captain

Can they really tell if you pull of the PCV by looking at the ECM?

Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Conehead
Can they really tell if you pull of the PCV by looking at the ECM?
If the ECM stores input and output values, than yes. It could also store the correct mleage from the speed sensor to detour tampering. Not sure if they do this however, but yes, it is possile.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:16 PM
TymToPla
Advanced

I'd like to know how thw PVIII or V can leave a footprint in the stock ECM? The O2 sensors are replaced with a device that provides a uniform signal (that everything is fine)back to the ECM so let it record all the info it wants. The changes in pulse length are done by the PC for fuel and the timming is controlled thru the PC unit TO the ECM. I'm thinkin that once the PC is removed the only tale-tale signs are gonna be the piston color and condition. Interesting subject....hope we learn more? DynoJet told me on the phone ,when I was asking them about a firmware update,that there a no changes to the bikes ECM.

Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ftanner
Good lawyers or not, the law is the law.

In addition, THEY have to take into account the black eye that they would get reputation-wise for screwing someone over. I've seen dealerships back down and follow the law when threatened to be "exposed" on their enthusiast forums for violating the law to void someone's warranty.
You would still have to get a lawyer to fight them. In the meantime your bike sits at the dealer if you dont pay the bill. So if you lose the court case, you still most likely will have to pay the lawyer for his time and loss of wages for the day at court

Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLTR2008TRIKE
You would still have to get a lawyer to fight them. In the meantime your bike sits at the dealer if you dont pay the bill. So if you lose the court case, you still most likely will have to pay the lawyer for his time and loss of wages for the day at court
If you're that frightened and think your warranty will be automatically voided, you might want to take all of that stuff of your trike....

But then by your logic, you have no more warranty on it anyhow based on your grocery list.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 PM
beracing
Cruiser

I too thought I had read or heard, the PC-V leaves no "foot print" on the ECM. Nor does it reprogram or change anything. Pull it off, hook the stock connector back into the ECM, and it's back to the same thing as the day you bought it.

Anyone confirm? Hopefully Jamie at Fuel Moto may chime in too!

Quick Reply: PCV Void Harley Manufacturers Warranty??