Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOOS extensions

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question SOOS extensions

Just recieved my floor board extensions, 3/4. The instruction say use a jack to put them on. I don't have a jack or access to one. Can I do this on the Jiffy stand with no problems?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:25 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes it can be done on the jiffy stand. A jack is recommended.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 PM
hyfly1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is easier to access with a jack. I bought a cheap one at Pep Boys and I was glad I had it. Love the extensions. Ride safe

Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

you can do it without a jack, on the jiffy stand, but be aware that you will be loosening the bolts that hold the jiffy stand on, you'll just have to do them a few at a time. A jack has a slightly lower "pucker factor" while doing this.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by soos
Yes it can be done on the jiffy stand. A jack is recommended.
Which jack would you recommend Soos? Just kidding.

But seriously folks. This is an easy install on the jiffy stand so don't sweat it if you don't have a jack. I have an old sleeping bag that I lay on the shop slab for these special occasions. Do the left (Port) side first, then the right side will seem easy. Just follow the instructions and stay cool........real coool!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:58 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't have a Pep Boys here in the boonies, just Auto zone and Walmart. Maybe one of those?

Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't need a jack but I would recommend you have a helper to just sit the bike straight up while you work. I did mine alone without a jack and was wishing it was straight up, but it still only took about 30 minutes to complete. Well worth it and will never be without them again. My front floorboards can actually fold 90 degrees now ithout touching anything else too.

Last edited by ezriderpgh; 04-16-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:40 AM
doc_cj
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
you can do it without a jack, on the jiffy stand, but be aware that you will be loosening the bolts that hold the jiffy stand on, you'll just have to do them a few at a time. A jack has a slightly lower "pucker factor" while doing this.
Dang! I guess I should have read the instructions.

I got mine last week and installed them without any problem. I can't recall, though, seeing the bolts having anything to do with my jiffy stand on the '09 Ultra. Maybe it does on other bikes ... or I just am too mechanically retarded to have noticed.

Anyway, took me about 20 minutes to do the install, and that mostly was because I always work really slow on my bike just so I reduce the chance of screwing something up. Did them in the driveway with a ratchet, boxed wrench and a t-handle allen. Be sure to have some Loctite, too. The instructions tell you what kind, I think.

Makes a world of difference on the ride!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Why did you choose the 3/4" rather than the 1"? Just trying to learn something before deciding to order. I did notice that the 1" are currently out of stock.

Old 04-17-2009, 04:58 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doc_cj
Dang! I guess I should have read the instructions.

I got mine last week and installed them without any problem. I can't recall, though, seeing the bolts having anything to do with my jiffy stand on the '09 Ultra. Maybe it does on other bikes ... or I just am too mechanically retarded to have noticed.
My 03 went through the Jiffy Stand, but the 09 doesn't like you said. I also went with the 3/4", I don't think the extra 1/4" would make much difference to me, It depends on where your foot would naturaly rest to feel comfortable. I usualy only use the floorboards for heel rests and keep my foot on the hiway pegs anyway.

Quick Reply: SOOS extensions